Thursday, November 16, 2023

Scott Pilgrim Takes Off Trailer, My Thoughts

Between August 2004 and July 2010, six digest-size black-and-white graphic novels were published by independent graphic novel company Oni Press. These novels were the Scott Pilgrim series. Written and illustrated by Brian Lee O'Malley, the series chronicled the adventures of the titular character, a young Toronto native bass player. He falls in love with an American woman named Ramona Flowers, who must defeat her seven evil exes to win her heart, undergoing character development in the process.

The series was highly praised and would be adapted into a 2010: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. The film starred Michael Cera as Pilgrim and Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Ramona Flowers. The ensemble cast also included future Marvel Cinematic Universe stars Chris Evans and Brie Larson, as well as Kieran Culkin, Brandon Routh, Alison Pill, Anna Kendrick, and Jason Schwartzman. A beat-em-up video game based on the film would also be released, which is a fun game to play. 

The cast will be reprising their roles for another adaptation of the series, this time animated: Scott Pilgrim Takes Off. Let's look at the trailer!

Nothing like rollerblading through a...pink desert. Upside down. Is this what it's like to be high on LSD?

Scott, maybe you shouldn't eat pepperoni pizza before bed. And I thought my dreams were weird...

"I already have to share a bed with you, Scott. I don't need to hear what your messed-up brain is trying to subconsciously warn you about!" 

This Ramona Flowers seems like a perfectly nice normal girl. 

...geez, Ramona! How did you end up into these people?!

MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAT!

Well, I admit, I think this'll be fun to watch. I think this adaptation should take an opportunity to expand on things the original comic didn't and the film could not. I've never read the original comics, so I have no idea what to suggest there. I have heard one of the things the creators want to expand on is the backstories of the evil exes. So, there's something. I'll give this a look. It may be a lot of fun! Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get your vaccine/booster! See your next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment