Saturday, May 30, 2015

Adventures in Pokemon Y Part 11: I Hate Snorlax

Okay, it's time to wake up and try to catch that Snorlax. After buying some Poké Balls, I went to Route 7. Sure enough, the two men that were there earlier were still there, waiting to wake the Snorlax. Shauna had caught up with me, I guess she had wanted to see more of the Parfum Palace. We explored the Palace together, what the heck was there she wanted to see?! Maybe she wanted to see more of the gardens. We didn't spend a lot of time there...

Anyway, we arrive at the bridge, and that Snorlax is still there. It's like the thing is going for the Guiness World Record for Longest Nap. According to Bulbapedia, Snorlax is known for its massive appetite, you think it'd get up to eat the near half-ton of food it needs to satisfy its appetite for a couple hours.
I wonder what would happen if someone tried to put Snorlax on a diet? Maybe it would go on a hunger-induced raging rampage. I imagine in the Pokémon universe, there have been known cases of diet-induced Snorlax stampedes. You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't put Snorlax on a diet.

I imagine that in-universe, Snorlax is one of those Pokémon that is only caught for zoos, or preserves. I can't imagine the average Trainer being able to handle Snorlax's dietary needs.

Anyway, I hand back the flute to the original owner, and he warned me to get ready. When Snorlax wakes up...it can get grumpy. The flute gets played, and the Snorlax attacks!

I hate battling this Snorlax. Every time I faced it, it ended up fainting. I even used an Ultra Ball I had on it after bringing its life bar to the red. It managed to break out of THAT. I saved before I faced it, so it wasn't so bad. I really want to catch that blasted thing. It drove me crazy!



Ugh, I hate Snorlax. But I will not give up. I will NOT give that fat blue blob the satisfaction of seeing me give up. I will not let it beat me! I will not let it get the last laugh! I WILL CATCH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment