Friday, January 4, 2019

Text Play: Pokemon Mega Adventure #17

Welcome back to the Akiba Region! And here comes entry number 17 in my Text Play of Pokémon Mega Adventure! It's my first Text Play entry of 2019! Yay!



I raced into the second floor of the Descent Tower, and got caught by a Team Prime member armed with a Zweilous. This battle allowed me to make a big discovery: Bug-type attacks can hurt it. Yeah, Dragon-type is weak to Bugs. I don't get it. I get Fire being weak to Water, Water being weak to Grass, and Grass being weak to Fire, I get those. But why would dragons be scared of bugs?

The Descent Tower has its fair share of wild Pokémon roaming the place. I encountered Sableye, Mawile, Swablu (as well as its evolved form Alteria), and Banette here. I do have one complaint about the Descent Tower. The wild Pokémon encounter rate is INSANE here. Seriously, it is. It does feel like at times that I can't take two steps before another wild Pokémon appears. And since there's no Poké Mart in Descent Village, I can't get any Repels to make this journey any easier.

The floors of the Descent Tower were swarming with Team Prime, but luckily, I wasn't alone. In a nice touch, there were people shown fighting them off with their own Pokémon. And after I beat one of the grunts, he freaked out when he learned I had five badges...somehow. On the second floor, I found some Altarianite.


Since I caught a Swablu in this tower, this will be useful. After I'll be able to use the Altarianite to Mega Evolve it into Mega Alteria. Inside the Tower, there are some rocks that can be smashed. I took the Gabite I captured and taught it Rock Smash with a Technical Machine because admittedly, I am curious about what those rocks are hiding. I hope they're cool hidden rooms. I went back in the Tower, used Rock Smash, and the game froze. It FROZE.

Thank God I saved often. I think there may be another bug here. This game has its fair share of them. This gave the impression there was something cool hidden inside this tower, but NOPE! Just a freeze trap!


Anyway, I hit the third floor, and I thought I was in for another battle with a Team Prime grunt. But it just turned out to be Looker in disguise.


He's investigating the place, and presumably infiltrating Team Prime to take them down. He told me that Ash is with Latios, and they're duking it out with Nector, the strongest member of Team Prime. In a world like this, one can assume that means he has the strongest Pokémon. He wants to alert Red, so he asked me to give Ash a hand. He gets his disguise back on and heads out. ...where is Red, anyway? Also, see that rock in the screenshot? This was one of the freeze traps I was talking about.

There's a bunch of wild Gible guarding the floor. Man, I really could have used a Gible when preparing to face Volkner and his electric Pokémon. The Gible line is Dragon/Ground, so Electric attacks can't hurt it. I found a Max Potion here. I think it's the item next to the Gible in the screenshot. Either way, it'll be a handy item to keep, just in case.

On the 5th floor, there is an rock you had to use Rock Smash on to go to the next floor. Kind of annoying as I had to go all the way back to the Pokémon Center and get my Gabite (it knows Rock Smash) to get ahead. Found a Max Revive, so that's helpful.

6th Floor! I fought a Team Prime grunt who had a Dragalge. My Butterfree easily took care of it with a Sleep Powder/Psybeam combo. His Kingdra also fell hard to my Venusaur. I also found a Full Restore and fought another wild Gabite. There are lots of them here in this tower. I can't help but wonder if they had moved in or something.

It's odd, because the Tower looks too well-maintained to be abandoned, and the ground floor showed people fighting Team Prime here. Maybe it was abandoned, and the townsfolk restored it for the Gabite? Would fit the general Pokémon series' theme of humans and Pokémon living together in peace. This floor also had another rock which I had to use Rock Smash on to pass by. I hate this.

7th Floor. Wait. What was that rumbling? That can't be anything good. Unless this part of the Akiba Region is prone to earthquakes. If that's the case, I hope this tower is designed to handle that. I can imagine that all buildings in the Pokémon world are reinforced against such events, because you never know when or...where...someone is going to be battling a Pokémon that knows techniques like Earthquake. But I did get a...rather pleasant surprise here.


I know, I know. What is Nurse Joy doing here? Why is she here? Well, honestly...I don't care. I really don't care. This tower is grueling, and she heals my Pokémon for free. I'm not going to question it or complain about it. I am just so happy and grateful. I am grateful there is a Nurse Joy here, because I wasn't able to stock up on healing supplies before coming here. She's the oasis in this desert. You know, maybe I can grind up a little bit here on this floor. Wouldn't hurt to strengthen my team up some more, and my Gabite is a few levels below my other Pokémon.

8th Floor! Here, you fight some wild Gabite. This tower must be their home or something. You know what would be funny? If they had a Mega Evolution. The stone used to trigger it would be called, if they were going by the traditional naming scheme, Gabiteite. Heh heh, that's funny. Well, that would never happen, because Gabite has a further evolution: Garchomp. And speaking of Garchomp and Mega Stones, I found another one on this floor.


Yup, I now own a Garchompite. That makes four Mega Stones I now own.

Ninth Floor! Please let this be the last floor! There's a Rare Candy hidden here. It's in the statue. On this floor, I find Ash, and WHOA!


What the heck happened here?! Ash, what did you do?! Evidently, Ash got beaten by Nestor, and now he's getting bothered by Gyarados. Well, time to beat Nestor down. He started with a Zweilous, but my Incineroar and Primarina took care of it. His Noivern laid a beatdown on my Butterfree, but I won out. His Gyarados was a pain, though. Especially since it could become a Mega Gyarados. Thankfully, Venusaur was able to wear it down with a Leech Seed/Poison Powder combo. Trust me, that Mega Gyarados was no joke. I wish I had Thundra the Luxray here. She would've fried that big bad dragon.

Evidently, my beating Nestor so demoralized him that he decided to quit Team Prime then and there. Huh. Weird. Before he makes himself scarce there's one more floor...and the Boss of Team Prime is fighting Rayquaza. Ash heals my team, and heads upstairs. Thanks, man.

The Boss of Team Prime looks like an altered Giovanni sprite. He was able to capture the legendary Pokémon. That's...not good. And it gets worse. He's able to make it Mega Evolve. I wonder how he pulled that trick off. You see...unlike other Pokémon that can Mega Evolve, Rayquaza doesn't have a Mega Stone. There is no Rayquazaite. It Mega Evolves after swallowing a meteorite...and knowing the move Dragon Ascent. So, does the Boss have the meteorite? And this Rayquaza has to know Dragon Ascent.

The Boss's new Mega Rayquaza is a powerhouse. He wrecked my Incineroar and Butterfree, but my Primarina managed to easily finish it with a Moonblast (It's a Fairy-type attack, and Rayquaza is weak to Fairy). Turns out this guy also has a Gym Badge...wait...is he also a Gym Leader? Hoo boy. No wonder he looked like Giovanni. I mean, it's a neat idea having a Gym Leader be one of the villains, but it could have been done better here. Heck, Red and Blue did it batter with Giovanni!

Ash and I notice that Red isn't with us, and Ash isn't sure where he is. When we leave the tower, Red shows up, and challenges us to a battle. IS HE KIDDING ME?! Thankfully, he's only joking. He taks me back to Fairy City...somehow. When there, we spot a man with a Unphezant.


Red says we should go back to Okimira Town. Evidently, something is going down. They can have a battle there. Evidently, here is where I can rest up. And I think I'll do that...and end this entry here. I'm going to rest up, and then...take on Red again. Where did he go off to?

Pokémon Obtained:
- Descent Tower
Mawile
Swablu
Gible
Claydol
Inkay

No comments:

Post a Comment