Friday, January 11, 2019

Double Cross Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in April 2018, I gave my thoughts on the announcement trailer for a then-upcoming game for the Nintendo Switch called Double Cross. It was a platformer game focusing on Zahra Sinclair, Agent of RIFT. RIFT was an organization dedicated to maintaining peace across the Multiverse. Well, the game is out, and there's a launch trailer for it! Let's take a look!


I can imagine Michael Moorcock would have words about this whole Multiverse thing...

I wonder how interdimensional travel can be a regular. Maybe some dimensions have resources others don't, stuff like that.

The idea of interdimensional crime has got me thinking of a Mafia all staffed with alternate version of one person, and that is hilarious.

Regulators of Interdimenional Frontiers and Technology. Nice.

Man, a comic about RIFT would be really cool.

I have to say, I love the main character's name. Zahra Sinclair. I bet she's English.

So, Suspect X is Carmen Sandiego? I'm kidding...but I bet it's Carmen Sandiego. Why not? She's stolen landmarks, she's traveled time before, I would not be surprised if she goes multiversal next.

Speaking of Carmen Sandiego, the game looks a mix of Metroid and her series, gameplay-wise. You have to jump around, fight baddies, and collect clues.

I'm guessing Zahra is the only RIFT agent we'll see that has done some actual field work.

Well of course it won't be easy. SHE HAS TO FIGHT A BIG FIRE-BREATHING DINOSAUR MAN WITH NO BACKUP.

Sheesh, I heard gambling can be addictive, but that guy makes it downright lethal!

Well, I guess I get why this game is called Double Cross. I wonder how Zahra will keep herself from going insane and paranoid with this.

I have to admit, this game has got my interest. The whole clue-collecting mechanic gave me a feeling of nostalgia for playing Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, and combining it with Metroid-esque platforming is a pretty clever idea. I don't think it was ever done before, and if it was, I'm not sure where. It feels unique, and it looks like a ton of fun!

Thanks for reading, and if you want to give my blog a little extra support, please feel free to put a tip in my Digital Tip Jar!

No comments:

Post a Comment