Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Aaero Comlete Edition Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

In 2017, a two-man British indie game development team called Mad Fellows released a game called Aaero. The game combined elements of rail shooters and rhythm games, and it received favorable reviews. The game was originally released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Microsoft Windows, and now it's come to the Nintendo Switch.

So, what is Aaero? Well, basically...you play as a spaceship flying around various worlds, ride ribbons of light, and shoot enemies. It's not complicated, it's not fancy, but some of the best games have simple, yet addictive gameplay. So, for my first entry looking at a video game trailer for 2019, let's take a look at the launch trailer for Aaero!


I have to admit, the game looks really good. I think that is an alien temple. And there's some ruins. It gets the wheels of my imagination turning. What civilization could have lived here? What were they like? What games did they play?

I wonder what the ribbons of light are for? Are they a bonus stage? Are they for farming points? And what built that tunnel?

Those rock formations do not look natural. Something carved the rock to look like that. I actually am really fascinated by them.

WELCOME TO THE HIDDEN TEMPLE. I AM OLMEC, TRY TO TAKE MY TREASURES. ...That game show was awesome.

In case you're wondering, the song in the trailer? It's called "Pure Sunlight" by Mr. FijiWiji and AgNO3, featuring vocals by Laura Brehm. Yes, those are the artists' nom de guerre.

Gotta shoot down the StarFox walker. Are we working for Andross in this game?!

Ooh, I think we're inside a giant spaceship now! Or space station! Star Wars vibes!

Sandworms. Somewhere, Beetlejuice is shaking in rage/fear and Paul Atreides is hoping it left behind some mélange.

Giant spider. Wait, between this and the sandworm, is this game referencing the Beetlejuice animated series?

I get the feeling the creators of this game are StarFox fans, based on that locking on multiple enemies thing.

I take it those packs had additional levels, and stuff like that. The skins look neat.

Well, this game looks like a nice bit of fun. I haven't really played a rhythm game since Guitar Hero, so I think I'd give this a try. It's just I like to play games on mute to not inconvenience or bother others. But hey, that's why we have earbuds!

No comments:

Post a Comment