Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Yoshi's Crafted World Story Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in August of 2017, I gave my thoughts on a teaser for an upcoming Yoshi game for the Switch. The things that sticks out to me was that the trailer stated this game would be coming in 2018. Well, as you can tell, 2018 has come and gone, and no Yoshi Switch game. Well, to be fair, they probably had intended it to be released then. In June of 2018, Nintendo had confirmed that the game was delayed to this year.

Well, that teaser would eventually become Yoshi's Crafted World, being developed by Japanese game company Good-Feel. They were the same company that developed Kirby's Epic Yarn and Yoshi's Woolly World. Nintendo put out a story trailer for it, so let's take a look!


I'm getting flashbacks to Yoshi's Story for the N64. The apples...the aaaapples...

So, the island has a stone that can grant wishes...is the Sundream Stone an alternate version of the Infinity Gauntlet?! Look at it! It looks like it has five Infinity Stones in it! One more and the Yoshis are your new gods!

I'm imagining some of the Yoshis on the island just sit and stare at the stone all day long. Kind of creepy.

Kamek and Baby Bowser are back, and they want that stone! You'd think that they'd learn not to mess with the Yoshis after last time.

Man, the Yoshis are strong! I bet Yoshi Island has quite a few gyms on it!

The Sundream Stone is not happy...

Don't you just hate it when you drop your wish-granting stone and it drops the gems in it everywhere?

I think we just saw the various worlds/levels within the game. I think we'll see a forest, a town, a city, a lighthouse?, a pyramid, a giant statue, and I think a garden. I'm guessing that the pyramid world will have some Ancient Egyptian aesthetic to it. As for the giant statue, I'm think maybe Mayan/Aztec for some reason? I have no idea. If that's the game's levels, then there aren't very many of them...

You know, I have to admit something. Yoshi's Story was one of my favorite games on the N64, and it has been a while since I played a Yoshi game. I do want to play Woolly World, and I'd love to give this a try. And holy cow, I'm coming up on 600 blog entries! I'll have to do something special for that! And I have also joined Digital Tip Jar, so if you want to place a little money in it, go right ahead! It would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment