Thursday, January 24, 2019

CrossCode Announcement Trailer, My Thoughts

I love RPGs. I've been a fan of them ever since I first played the original Pokémon Red/Blue twenty years ago. I've played quite a few in my time as a gamer, and this one caught my eye.

Published by German game developer Deck13 and made by Radical Fish Games, CrossCode is an action-RPG telling the tale of a mysterious girl named Lea that plays the titular MMORPG in an attempt to solve a mystery. What is the mystery? The mystery is...who is she?

Why did this little RPG catch my eye? Let's look at the announcement trailer, and you'll see!


I see we're starting with a bang.

That is one big, ugly, crab monster.

AVOID THE DESTRUCTO-DISK! ICE SKATE YOUR WAY TO FREEDOM!

BOOM!

I love that the game is using a retro 16-bit style. I get the popularity of the 8-bit style, but as someone who started gaming during the Console Wars, 16-bit games hold a special place in my heart.

That city is neat.

Man, Lea is bringing the pain!

DEATH FROM ABOOOOOVE!

Wow, that forest/clearing looks like it could come out of a Final Fantasy game.

So, hedgehogs, or hedgehags as they're called, in this world are part helicopter. I can dig it.

...Lea, why are you punching the hedgehags? That's likely why they had the helicopter rotors put in so you wouldn't punch them all the time.

Well, this game sounds right up my alley. An action RPG? With a futuristic setting? And puzzle elements? That sounds like a ton of fun to me! I cannot wait for this game! Thanks for reading! Be sure to spread this blog around, and if you want to give it a little extra support, please feel free to drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar!

No comments:

Post a Comment