Saturday, October 17, 2015

Ratchet and Clank, the Movie

One of the video game series I was a big fan of was the Ratchet and Clank series. The cool weapons, the bright, colorful, and varied worlds, the cool weapons, the humor...the cool weapons. Yeah, humor and cool weapons. The games were a lot of fun to play. Then, I learned about this.


Yup. Of all things, the Ratchet and Clank game series is getting a film. It also has a trailer, which is how I honestly learned of the movie.



At first sight, I was very impressed with the animation. It looked like it came straight out of the games, which is not surprising as Insomniac Games helped with the production. It brought back memories of playing Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal and Deadlocked on my PS2. They were among my favorite games on that console. I was never a big Sony guy, I don't own a PS3 or PS4, but I enjoyed the Ratchet and Clank series.

Based on what I can find out, the film looks to be a retelling of the first game, with some elements of the other games. I recognized Dr. Nefarious from Up Your Arsenal, for example.

It also has quite the cast. John Goodman, Paul Giamatti, Rosario Dawson, and...Sylvester Stallone. Yup. Sly Stallone. The man who brought Rocky Balboa to life is one of the voice actors in this movie. That is awesome.

I have to admit, the trailer put a smile on my face, and it made me want to dust off my old PS2 (my old blocky one not the sleeker later model), and play the games again for old times' sake. I can't wait to see this movie. Sounds like a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment