Thursday, October 22, 2020

Zoids Wild: Blast Unleashed Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

This game was a surprise to me. In case you're wondering, Zoids is a line of model kits depicting robotic versions of various animals, including legendary creatures. The line of toys would spawn a franchise of its own that would make its way to various media, including anime, comics, and of course, video games. This game is based on the 5th Zoids anime: Zoids Wild. Let's look at the launch trailer!




That robotic velociraptor looks like Barney's cooler cousin.

I would love to ride the red one to work. That would be sweet.

That blue wolf mecha brings me back. One of the characters in Zoids: New Century used a blue Wolf zoid. Brad Hunter and his Command Wolf.

I feel like that wolf's attack should be accompanied by Ozzy Osbourne's "Bark at the Moon".

Man, I bet the Yellow Ranger in the last Power Rangers movie wished the Sabertooth Tigerzord looked this cool. Yeah, I saw that movie on TV some time back. I thought it was pretty good, but I didn't like the Zord designs.

Well, from what I understand, this game is meant for little kids (around ages 10-12), and I can see why they would find this game appealing. It's got robotic animals and it's very colorful. It does look cool. Although I would love to see a Zoids game that maybe employs some elements of a tactical RPG, commanding a team of Zoids with different strengths and weaknesses. Tactical RPGs aren't normally my thing, but I'd play this. Especially if you can use members of the Blitz Team from New Century.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other. Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, and wear a mask. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment