Monday, November 21, 2022

Strange World Trailer, My Thoughts

It is said that family is stronger when it is together. That when a family stands together can handle about anything. The Clade family seem to be proof of that. The Clades are a family of explorers and adventurers. The family could tell stories about the things they discovered and the adventures they said. However, Searcher Clade never had that desire to chart the unknown. He just wanted to farm. But it looks like he may have to take up the family business when the family takes on a mission to the land of Avalonia.

Directed by Don Hall and written by Qui Ngyuen, Strange World will be the 61st film in the Disney Animated Canon. It'll also feature the voices of Lucy Liu, Gabrielle Union, Dennis Quaid, and Jake Gyllenhaal. Let's look at the trailer!


"Ah, a nice day on the farm. Perfectly normal, no crazy stuff happening. I love this."

Have you ever wondered...how Mick Foley is not dead? I've thought about that a lot.

That's a nice-looking compass. I want it.


An airship? Ah, this must be Cid's doing. 

"I just want to grow my vegetables, lady!"


This reminds me of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I would not be surprised if that movie was an inspiration for this.

That dude needs a punch.


From what I understand, the character of Ethan Clade (voiced by Jaboukie Young-White) will be the first LGBTQ+ character in the Disney Animated Canon. Awesome.

That dude's got the right idea.

Man, what did the Clades do to make Avalonia that mad?

And of course, you have to have your cute mascot character. A Disney tradition.

Well, this looks like a fun little film. I get the feeling this film will use an epic adventure to explore the theme of generational trauma. Which I can imagine would happen to a child of a legendary adventurer. The film's cast looks solid, and I think this will be a great watch. 

Thanks for reading this blog entry. If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get your vaccine/booster! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment