Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Twisted Metal Trailer, My Thoughts

In 1995 (in North America/Europe, 1996 in Japan), Sony Computer Entertainment released the Sony Interactive Studios America and SingleTrac-developed vehicular combat game known as Twisted Metal for the original PlayStation. Set in 2005 Los Angeles, the game requires the player to take control of one of ten combat-modified vehicles and fight the other nine to the death in a competition held by a mysterious man called Calypso. The winner gets to have their wish granted by Calypso, no matter what. 

The game would go on to be critically acclaimed as well as a best-selling game for the PlayStation. The series would see games on the first three PlayStation consoles, and the character of Sweet Tooth would become a mascot for the series. 

In May 2019, it was announced that a television series based on the games was in development by Sony Pictures Television alongside PlayStation Productions for the Peacock streaming service. It will star Anthony Mackie as John Doe, an amnesiac delivery man who ends up with an opportunity to go on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. The series will also star Stephanie Beatriz, Thomas Haden Church, Neve Campbell, and Samoa Joe as Sweet Tooth (with Will Arnett providing the voice). 

Before we begin, I have to remind you, this is the NSFW trailer, it's got blood and cursing. So, with that in mind, let's look at the trailer!


Okay, Let's all be honest with ourselves. This was Florida's fault.

This kind of reminds me of Escape from New York. Except instead of making Manhattan a prison, they turned much of the country into one. 

Anthony Mackie is having way too much fun doing this.

I imagine in this world, Texas is literally a No Man's Land. 

WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT THIS PACKAGE?! IT'S JUST SOME STUFFED ANIMALS!
...oh crud, he's carrying some rare Beanie Babies, isn't he?

That's nice. Do they have a LEGO store? I've kind of gotten back into LEGOs recently.

"...but can you tell me who I am?"
"...I'll have to take a raincheck on that."

I'm guessing 4-ply.

Cool watch, man.

Man, she must really like that watch, too!

Finally, an actual character from the games!

And you all thought the regular DMV was a nightmare.

I admit, I got some chuckles out of the trailer, and it looks like it will be an interesting watch, even for those who never really played the games like me. If I had Peacock, I'd give it a shot. 

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get your vaccine/booster! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment