Friday, September 15, 2023

Princess Peach Showtime Trailer, My Thoughts

While Princess Peach Toadstool was in quite a few Mario games, it was a rare thing back in the day that she wasn't in the role of the damsel in distress. Her first adventure as a playable character was in the American Super Mario Bros. 2. It would not be until 2005 that she would get her own solo console game in the form of Super Princess Peach on the Nintendo DS. As time has gone on, she has become more of a playable character in the Mario series, as well as in spinoff games like the various sports games and the Smash Bros. series. And next March, she's getting another solo game: Princess Peach Showtime! Let's look at the trailer!

Toad: "Yo, Princess Peach! This came in the mail for you!"
Peach: "I swear to Rosalina, if this is more junk mail, I will start some beheadings." 

The Sparkle Theater. I actually saw a performance there once. It was quite good.

A villain named Grape having a bunch of flunkies called the Sour Bunch. Oh, brother... 🙄 

Seriously, it is neat that Peach is getting a villain of her own. I mean, Mario has Wario, Luigi has Waluigi, why can't Peach have her own villain?

Nobody likes a diva, Grape. Well, working with a diva, anyway.

It makes a bizarre bit of sense to me that Peach would know how to use a sword. 

"COME HERE AND TASTE MY BLADE, FIEND!"

"Feed me, Peach! Feeeed meeeee!"


Man, this reboot of Night at the Museum is weeeeeird... 

I can imagine Detective Peach speaking in an English accent.

No, not the sweets! NOT THE SWEETS!

For those who are wondering, a Pâtissier is basically a fancy term for a pastry chef

This costume fits Peach really well. I mean, we know she can make a good cake. Mmm, cake...

Kung Fu Peach would be a fun fighter in Smash Bros. 

I think it's neat that each of the stages we see seem to touch on a different genre. The castle is Adventure/Fantasy, the museum one is a Mystery, the Kung Fu School stage is a Wuxia, and the chef-themed stage is...Comedy? I have no idea.

I see we have hints at other costumes as well. The object on the left is a kunai, which may indicate a ninja outift, and the right? Well, I think it's a hat with horns, so...a cowgirl? Either way, I get the feeling these won't be the only costumes we see Peach wear.

This looks like a cute little game. The costume mechanic reminds me of Super Mario Bros. 3. It would have been fun if there was an underwater level and the Frog Suit was brought back. But I can imagine that would be hard to pull off on a live stage. I want to give this game a try! Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you like it, show it off! Take care of yourselves, and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get your vaccine/booster! See you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment