Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Contra: Operation Galuga Trailer, My Thoughts.

In February of 1987, Konami released a little arcade game known as Contra. Set in the 27th century, this run-and-gun shooter game tells the teal of two commandos: Bill Rizer and Lance Bean. Together, these two men fight to save the Earth from various alien monsters and war machines through the Red Falcon terrorist organization. The game would be a very profitable little cabinet, and it would be ported to various computers and the NES. The NES port would be regarded as one of the greatest video games of all time. It would spawn a long-running series of games that would arrive on various consoles. 

This new game is actually an enhanced remake of the very first Contra game: Operation Galuga. Let's look at the trailer!

What the heck is a Galuga, anyway? Sounds like an Italian pasta dish. Mmm, pasta...

*looks it up* Ah, Galuga is the name of a fictional archipelago located near New Zealand that housed the Red Falcon organization's base. Now you know! 

You know, if WayForward is involved, it's bound to be good. I really gotta get Double Dragon Neon on my Switch. I love that game.

Big flaming C.

"LANCE! BILL! GET TO THE CHOPPA!"

This game looks really good. I like the general artstyle of it. For some reason, it kind of reminds me of those old-school Saturday morning cartoons. 

That is an awesome rendition of the first level theme. 

I find it so funny how Bill and Lance jump. It's like they're trying to do their best Sonic the Hedgehog.

Don't you find it annoying when a wall of guns appear out of nowhere?

OH MY GAWD, WHAT IS THAT ALIEN THING?!

I think this game will be a great way to introduce new fans to the series, and I hope people enjoy it. It looks like a worthy addition to my Switch library. I hope there is a demo available, because I want to try it. Thanks for reading this blog entry! if you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get your vaccine/booster! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment