Thursday, October 10, 2019

Star Trek: Picard SDCC Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in May, I gave my thoughts on the teaser for the upcoming CBS All-Access series Star Trek: Picard. I remember being very excited for it, but I was saddened that it would be on CBS All-Access. I wished it would be on Netflix. After all, it has all the rest of the Star Trek series. I've been watching a lot of Next Generation and Deep Space Nine recently. I love those shows.

Well, a couple months ago, the San Diego Comic-Con had revealed a new trailer for the series. There's also one from the New York Comic-Con, but since the San Diego one came out first, I want to look at the SDCC one before the NYCC one. Let's jump back into the stars with Jean-Luc Picard!


Wow. Is that Jean-Luc's home? Fancy. But then again, he is a legend.

Data sacrificed his life in the events of Star Trek: Nemesis. But he did download his mind into another android named B-4. So, who is that Soong-Type Android in pieces there? Is that B-4? If it is...how did he end up like that?

Cool gardening robot.

I think in a way, Picard misses the stars. Makes me remember the advice James Kirk gave him in Star Trek: Generations: Don't give up your command.

Hmmm, I wonder why this woman would come to Picard for help. Maybe it's something he knows about? The man has had a long Starfleet career, after all. I have heard theories that she may be a relative. Maybe she was a former drone Picard knew during his time as Locutus in the Borg Collective? That's my theory.

I hope he's mellowed out on the "Captain Picard Day" thing.

What is that, some kind of prison facility?

Hey, it's Jonathan Del Arco! That means Hugh is back!

And Michelle Hurd! I know her from Law and Order: SVU.

And a Vulcan swordsman. That actually sounds awesome.

Picard's coming back to space, and he's got a new crew!

Holy cow, Seven of Nine! I love that this show is digging up old characters. And having Seven and Hugh here makes sense, considering they and Picard were all connected to the Borg.

Yeah, this definitely has something to do with the Borg.

...HOLY COW, IT'S DATA.

Well, I am excited for this. I still wish it would come to Netflix. It's really cool to see some old Trek characters come back, some well-known, a couple more obscure. I like that the trailer is keeping some things hidden. Allows for some surprises and speculation. Here's hoping it becomes available on other platforms in the future...or at the very least, on DVD.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment