Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Star Trek: Picard Teaser, My Thoughts

25 years ago, Star Trek: The Next Generation premiered the final episode of its seven-season run: "All Good Things". It seemed that we saw the final adventure of Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the USS Enterprise-D. However, it would not be the end. The gang would get further adventures in novels, comics, and in four feature films.

The last time we saw Jean-Luc Picard in official Star Trek canon was in the 2002 film Star Trek: Nemesis. But now...he's back. That's right, Patrick Stewart is reprising the role of Jean-Luc Picard in a new Star Trek series: Star Trek: Picard. He's also executive producing it. Let's take a look at the teaser!


Hmm...that doesn't sound like the events of Nemesis to me. I'm guessing he commanded a fleet during a later incident...wait...it was the destruction of Romulus, wasn't it? The event that helped create the alternate timeline of the reboot Trek movies? That...makes sense, actually.

I wonder if the voice had ever considered the possibility that maybe Picard just felt it was his time to retire and run the family vineyard. His brother and nephew are dead. Somebody has to take care of it...you know, in the Pocket Books novels, Jean-Luc Picard and Beverly Crusher eventually got married and had a son. Maybe that could be brought over here?

Those gardening robots are cool.

I can imagine the wine being rather popular. After all, it's been made by a man who saved the universe what, how many times now? Who wouldn't want wine made by a hero?

Was that Picard's flute?

I grew up watching Star Trek. I was a kid when Next Generation ended, but there were always reruns. And it's on Netflix. Growing up, The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine were my Star Trek shows. I never really got into Voyager, sadly. Nor really Enterprise. But I'm fascinated by this series. The idea of looking at the life of a retired Picard, it's really neat. Him taking over the family vineyard, being the last of the Picards...there's story in that. I just wish it wasn't on CBS All Access. I don't see the point of getting a streaming service to watch one show. I hope it comes to Netflix. I'll watch it on that.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you enjoyed it, spread it around! And if you want to give this blog some additional support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar! It would be greatly appreciated! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment