Friday, May 3, 2019

Movie Review: Avengers: Endgame (2019)

It has all led to this. 11 years and 21 films. We are in the Endgame now. The Infinity Saga has reached its climax. In Avengers: Infinity War, Thanos had managed to do it. Obtaining the six Infinity Stones, he managed to use his Infinity Gauntlet to wipe out half the life in the universe...including several heroes of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Now the survivors (including the original six Avengers), have to do some avenging. If they couldn't save the world...they damn sure will avenge it. This...is Avengers: Endgame.


I don't know if there's a lot I can say about this film, because I don't want to spoil anything. But there is one word I can think of when looking back on this movie: Satisfying. It really is. It's not a film for those who are new to the MCU. This is for those who followed the journey over the years...or at least binged the films beforehand. This was a worthy sendoff. It was hilarious, exciting, and a tearjerker. Everyone was on their A-game here, and I was genuinely shocked by some of the twists.

The film is three hours long, so I did feel a bit worn by it. However, at the same time, it didn't feel like it was dragging, if that makes any sense. And the final battle is just insane...in a good way. It was one of the most incredible final battles I have ever seen in a movie in my life. Seriously, you have to watch it on a theater screen, or at the very least on a big TV. I highly recommend this movie.

Avengers: Endgame is a worthy end to the Infinity Saga. It truly marks the end of an era in the MCU, and the dawning of a new one. I am very excited for the future. I know Black Panther and Doctor Strange are getting sequels, there's a solo film focusing on Black Widow in the works, as well as films based on Shang-Chi and The EternalsThe future is looking pretty bright for the MCU, and I can't for what comes next.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you enjoyed it, spread it around! And if you want to give this blog some additional support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar! It would be greatly appreciated! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment