Sunday, May 5, 2019

Duck Game Launch Trailer My Thoughts

In 2014, Adult Swim Games (A video game publishing label that's part of Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming block) published an action game called Duck Game for the Ouya. It would go on to be released on Windows in 2015, on PlayStation 4 in 2017, and now the Nintendo Switch.

The game is a combination of a shooter and platformer, where you basically play as a duck who can shoot things. The game was given positive reception from critics, but it was criticized for its inconsistent level design and a lacking single-player. The quacked-up madness is now arriving on the Switch! Let's take a look!


Aww, look at the ducks! Ducks are awesome.

HEY! YOU DISTURBED THE DUCKS, YA JERK!

Kind of reminds me of Super Smash Bros....with less crossover and more shooting.

I do like the old-school graphic style.

Ducks are amazing creatures. They can wear anything as a hat, and can wield a variety of weapons masterfully.

I get the feeling certain substances were consumed in the process of making this game, ha ha.

Ooh, a level editor! I love level editors! I have ZERO creativity when it comes to level editors, but I still like to play with them.

Epic Sax Duck!

Yeah, you already said "quacking". It's good that there's quacking in this game. Can't have a game about ducks without quacking. Not having that in a duck game is quacked in the head.

Yeah, my dentist would love to put up with me trying to play my Switch while he's cleaning my teeth.

Maaaaybe you should take a break, guy.

I think the logo is supposed to be a riff on the classic DOOM logo.



See what I mean?

Well, this game looks like it will be a lot of fun! I love the wacky vibe of the trailer, giving the idea the game is fast-paced and completely crazy. The game certainly looks like it will be so. I think I'll give this game a try.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you enjoyed it, please spread it around! And if you want to give this blog some additional support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar! It would be greatly appreciated! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment