Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Disney Epic Mickey: Rebrushed Announcement Trailer, My Thoughts

In 2010, the game Epic Mickey was released. Published by Disney Interactive Studios and developed by Junction Point Studios, this game tells an epic tale of one of Disney's most iconic characters: Mickey Mouse. Said mouse must save a land that is home of forgotten characters and concepts...that he accidentally damaged. Whoops. And among those forgotten characters? A certain Walt Disney/Ub Iwerks pre-Mickey collaboration: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Originally owned by Universal, Disney reobtained the character in 2006, and this game marked the first time the two "brothers" appeared in the game together.

The game was an effort to restore the more mischievous and adventurous aspects of Mickey's personality that had been filed off over the years. The game would get mixed-to-positive reviews from gaming critics, the praise for the visual style, gameplay, and narrative. The game would help reignite interest in Oswald, and get sequels: Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, and Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (which was a tribute to the Sega Illusion games).

And now, it's getting a remake! THQ Nordic is handling this, and it'll be coming to the Nintendo Switch, Windows, X-Box Series X/S, and PlayStations 4 and 5! Let's look at the trailer!

Aww, great! Now there's paint everywhere! This will be a nightmare to clean up!

Ahhhh, sleep. Who doesn't love sleeping?

I think the mirror was trolling you, Yen Sid.

Say what you will about that old wizard, he's one heck of a model maker. 

Love the use of Sorcerer's Apprentice music.

I imagine Mick wanted to provide some alternate color schemes.

You know, Mick, if your paint forms a big black blob, WASH IT OFF, YA FOOL!

Ohhhhhhh, you messed up, Mick.

So, this implies that it has been literally decades since Mickey broke the Wasteland. Plenty of time for the problem to get out of control. Although I wonder what Yen Sid was doing during that time? Maybe working with Keyblade wielders. 

Well! Nice knowing ya, Mick! 

I've played this game and really enjoyed it, so I am thrilled to learn that it's getting a remake for the Switch and other consoles. Maybe this time around, they'll fix up the camera. I can't wait to sling paint and thinner on the go. Mostly paint in my case as I wanted to help Mickey fix the mess he caused. I hope a lot of people play and enjoy this game! Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get your vaccine/booster! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment