Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Marvel Tokon Phoenix Cyclops Gameplay Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in July, I gave my thoughts on the announcement trailer for the first DLC character in Marvel Tokon: Fighting Souls: Scott Summers, the optic-blasting Original X-Man known as Cyclops. But not just any version of Cyclops. A version of the character that has the Phoenix Force within him, which is clearly a nod to Avengers Vs. X-Men. 

I was somewhat not surprised to see Cyclops be a playable character here. After all, he's been riding a wave of popularity thanks to X-Men '97 (Ray Chase, who voiced him in that cartoon is voicing him here as well.) and he's also been revealed to be a playable character in Marvel Cosmic Invasion (I talked about that here). Makes sense he'd appear here. Let's look at the trailer to see how he plays!

Which makes things really awkward when Scott is trying to pay for things at a store. I mean, I doubt debit cards are fireproof, which doesn't make things any easier. Dang it, Phoenix.

Cyclops is totally handling it. He is clearly handling it well. 

I mean, he's not wrong. A star going nova? As in, exploding for all you non-fans of space stuff (space stuff rules). Yeah, that can consume a planet.

Illyana, Scott was giving supevillains optic blasts to the face when Belasco was trying to find a babysitter for you in Limbo! He is way above your weight class here!

Yeah, Cyclops is totally handling the power well. 

And there it is! The optic blast!

Cap ain't wrong, Cyke.

Yeah, Cyclops is totally handling the power well. 

You know, Scotty. Saying stuff like this is one of the reasons WHY PEOPLE HATE AND FEAR MUTANTS!

Oh boy, he's got Jean and Phoenix confused again. 

Heh, quoting the iconic cover.

Well, that looked pretty cool. I can imagine why they chose this particular incarnation of Cyclops with this game. Yeah, in the comics, Cyclops is also a skilled martial artist, but I can imagine having optic blasts would be rather limited when it comes to cool fighting effects. Having the power of the Phoenix Force with him also him to create some cool visuals, as can be seen here in this trailer. Not to mention the addition of a bit of Phoenix fire can give his punches and kicks some flair. 

I am so excited to see the next DLC character. I hope they go for someone lesser known. I mean, we got the Roberto Reyes Ghost Rider here, and Rivals and Cosmic Invasion have been giving spotlight to lesser-known characters like Phyla-Vell and White Fox. I hope Tokon does the same. Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! if you like what I write and want to give this blog some additional support, please make a donation to my Ko-fi! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment