Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My thoughts on the Gal Gadot Wonder Woman

As it is known, Gal Gadot has been cast to portray the Amazing Amazon herself, Wonder Woman, in what will be the character's live-action feature-film debut: The upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.



Upon release of the photo, I heard critiques of everything from how Ms. Gadot looks in the suit to her pose in the photo, to the costume itself.

As for me, I don't really mind the suit itself, to be honest. I understand that when it comes to many superheroes, it's hard to make their costumes work on film. I actually kind of like the suit itself. My only critiques would be to make the red and blue a bit brighter in color (I don't know if it's the lighting of the photo, but it looks like Wonder Woman is in brown and black), and make the skirt a bit longer. This outfit, the way it is now, gives me the impression that Wonder Woman is trying to do her own take on Xena: Warrior Princess's costume.

As for Gal Gadot herself, I think she looks great as Wonder Woman. I've heard complaints that she doesn't LOOK like an Amazon, that she lacks the musculature. To be honest, I've seen my fair share of Wonder Woman covers and artistic interpretations of Wonder Woman. To me, she doesn't look that much skinnier than she's often drawn as by artists working for DC.



As for Gadot's actual performance as Wonder Woman, well, we'll have to wait and see. I haven't seen her in anything before, so I can't fairly comment on her skills as an actress. However, I am an optimist, so I'm hoping she will do a good job.

And as for the pose in the photo, I've heard complaints saying it portrays this Wonder Woman as overly aggressive. I can see why. I'm not exactly sure of the circumstances of the photo being taken, so I'm going to wait and see until we learn more about how Wonder Woman will be portrayed, as well as the general plotline of the movie and Wonder Woman's role.

All in all, I have to say, I think so far, we're doing okay here. Wonder Woman's costume could use some brighter colors, but otherwise that, I think we're on the right track...or at least a decent track.

No comments:

Post a Comment