Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Marvel's Epic Collection, My Thoughts.

In the last few years, Marvel Comics has been releasing a series of large trade paperbacks known as the Epic Collections. The Epic Collection line has been collecting certain parts of character histories that generally tend to get ignored in other trade collections.

Quite frankly, I love them, and I've been snapping up as many as I can find. The trades focus on a variety of characters and teams in the Marvel Universe: Captain America, Thor, Spider-Man, Daredevil, the Fantastic Four, Wolverine, Daredevil, and even the X-Men.

Each of the trades are amazing. They have several hundred pages in beautiful color, and the covers are incredible, original covers from a collected issue beautifully recolored.

My personal favorite of the collections I have read so far is one of the Spider-Man collections: Cosmic Adventures. It collects the brief era in the 80s in which Spider-Man gained cosmic-level powers for a while. Yes, that actually happened, look it up. For a brief period in the 80s comics, Spidey gained cosmic-level powers after a power source exploded, and it turned out he was chosen to obtain those powers to fight a monsterous Sentinel. Yeah. Fun stories, though.

Pick up as many of these collections as many as you can, as they cover some great and forgotten eras in Marvel Universe history. And for all you Star Wars fans, there are a couple Star Wars Epic Collections coming, including one that focuses on Darth Vader. I definitely will pick them up, because I love this line, and I am eager to support it.

No comments:

Post a Comment