Saturday, March 28, 2015

Terminator Genisys Trailer, My Thoughts

The Terminator. Another in a long list of films that has become a franchise, putting out products of varying quality, like films, comics, video games, even a TV show. It was all centered around one idea: one day, the activation of a computer system called Skynet would bring about an apocalypse, the remnants of mankind fighting to survive against Skynet's army of robots.

The original Terminator film would become a classic, and it's sequel, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, or T2 for short, would become one of the greatest films in the sci-fi genre, and even one of the greatest sequels ever.

I'm not a hard-core fan of the Terminator franchise. I didn't gobble up every bit of Terminator merchandise I saw, nor have I seen all the movies, just T2 and Salvation. I thought Salvation was alright, and I LOVE T2. It is one awesome flick.

And now we have a FIFTH Terminator film coming: Terminator Genisys.


First, I have to say something about the film: The title. Terminator: Genisys. Genisys...to be honest, it sounds like the name of a character that would've appeared in a 1990s comic book created by Rob Liefeld, ha ha. Funny enough, there is a character in the Marvel Universe called Genesis, but that's another story.

Based on this trailer alone, it seems that this film will draw heavily from Terminator 2, with a T-1000, and Arnold Schwarzenegger as a T-850 protector. In one bit of the trailer, it's shown that Arnold's Terminator has white hair. When I first saw that, I thought he looked like Albert Wesker's grandpa, and it made me chuckle.

"No, I will not say it! I am NOT ARNOLD!"
Based on this trailer, I just might go and give this watch in the theater. Mainly because it seems to be full of callbacks to T2, and we may see old!Terminator Arnold vs. young!Terminator Arnold.

No comments:

Post a Comment