Friday, April 3, 2015

1st Anniversary!

Today is my 31st birthday. It is also another special day for this blog. This blog is also celebrating its birthday, its first.

I originally started this blog because I wanted a way to express my opinions on various things I like. Being a bit of a nerd, I enjoy films, comics, and other nerdy stuff. I have talked about various things: film trailers, talked about video games, even attempted reviewing a couple of comic books.

A long time ago, I was a big fan of Dave's Long Box. It was a funny blog started by Dave Campbell that talked about comics. Essentially, it was about him reviewing the comics in his collection. His blog is long closed, but it's still around. It was the main inspiration for this blog, as I am a comic book and trade paperback collector. I also drew further inspiration from Linkara, whose series Atop the Fourth Wall was always good for a laugh.

Some of my favorite entries on my blog has to be when I track my Adventures in Pokémon Y, where I play through Pokémon Y and discuss my thoughts on the game as the story in it unfolds. I'm really enjoying it. I also started a series on X, but I thought it was rather redundant, so I stopped that one and concentrated on Y. I've enjoyed those entries, being an old hand at Pokémon, playing since the original Red and Blue...although I will admit, I haven't beaten a Pokémon game since Red.

I do want to write more comic reviews in the future, as I do own quite a few comics. I've been looking at various other comic blogs, trying to figure out way to write comics that fits my style. I also hope to just be able to actually put up more entries in the future, as well as try to be more entertaining on this blog.

Have a great day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment