Saturday, June 20, 2015

My thoughts on Super Mario Maker

When I was a kid, I wanted to design video games. I even remember getting a little program for my computer called Klik 'n' Play. It was a neat little game. I tried to use it to make my own little platformers. Yeah, they were not very good.

Anyway, when I first learned of this game, I thought it would be a neat bit of fun. The game? Super Mario Maker.


Oh man, if my kid self could see this, his jaw would drop. A game that allowed a player to create their own Mario levels?! That is awesome! I mean, look at this trailer!


From what I understand, this game was originally created as a tool for the company to develop levels in Mario games. That's neat. I also have heard that you can upload your custom levels on the internet. I sense much potential for making insanely hard levels. Personally, I would love to make a new take on the Pipe Maze levels from Super Mario Bros. 3. I remember the Pipe Maze...well, the Super Mario All-Stars version.

When I get a Wii U, I'd love to add this game to my library. I didn't get one right away because game consoles and games are expensive, and I wanted to put some money away towards them. But since I've been a Nintendo fan since I was a kid, and I've always wanted to create my own games, I'd love to pick this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment