Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Suicide Squad Trailer, My Thoughts.

Well, DC's cinematic universe appears to be on a roll. We got Batman v Superman coming, we've seen photos of the upcoming Wonder Woman film (Which is set in World War ONE for some reason), we have concept art of the Justice League, and Suicide Squad has a trailer.

And here it is.


First thing I have to say, I love the choice of music for the trailer. I love Queen. Their music makes anything better. I smiled when I heard "Bohemian Rhapsody" playing.

Second thing I have to say, one thing about this team's roster does make me scratch my head. If one is assembling a team of villains and anti-heroes to take out the Joker...why are you including Harley Quinn? The big thing about Harleen Quinzel is that she is in love with Joker. She is so in love with the green-haired monster, she will gladly do anything he asks of her. Her relationship with him in Batman: The Animated Series portrayed her as essentially abusive, Joker manipulating Harley just to feed his own ego.

I do get why they want to include Harley in the film. She's popular, for one. She's one of the most famous members of Batman's Rogues Gallery, she's had her own comic book a couple of times. She manages to be lovable and funny, even though she'll kill a man for looking at her funny.

And yeah, I also get that Harley may know more about her beloved "Mistah J" more than anyone else, but it still would not be a good idea to bring her on the active team. So, why not have her stay in Belle Reve while the other Squad members go out on the field and do the hunting.

Anyway, based on what we've seen in the trailer, it seems to me that they are marketing the film as having a Guardians of the Galaxy-type of vibe. It does seem like an odd decision, but considering the Guardians didn't have standard superheroes in it, I guess it does fit in a bizarre way.

Jared Leto's Joker is...meh to me. Something seems very...off about his Joker to me. I can't explain what. All I know is I still think the idea of putting his number one "hench-wench"/fangirl in a team of anti-heroes/villains out to get him is a BAD IDEA.

Amazingly, I think this film might be more fun to watch than Batman v Superman will be for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment