Saturday, May 21, 2016

Captain America: Civil War Review

I finally got to see it! I finally got to see it! I finally got to see Captain America: Civil War!


I have to admit, I had been excited for this film for a very long time, especially since the trailer that revealed Spider-Man would be in the film. I was so excited to see the role he would play in this little flick. Now, I will try to avoid spoilers as much as possible in this review. Because I don't want to ruin this film for anyone.

So, what is Captain America: Civil War about? Well, after the events of Age of Ultron, people are concerned about the potential dangers of the Avengers; power, so some accords have been drawn up. It causes a conflict among Earth's Mightiest, focusing on Steve Rogers and Tony Stark. Stark feels the heroes need a check and balance. Rogers fears that putting such a check may end up forcing the Avengers to compromise their principles. However, there's another threat who is using the Winter Soldier to cause chaos and even further divide Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

What amazes me is that despite the films' big cast and sheer amount of heroes in this film, everyone got a moment, and there is a lot of character in this movie, especially when it comes to Stark and Rogers. Stark really goes through the emotional wringer in this movie, and Robert Downey Jr. sells it incredibly well. And Chris Evans' performance as Captain America is very good as well, in fact, we had a great cast for this movie.

Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther and Tom Holland as Spider-Man were considered the breakout stars by many of the film's watchers, and I can certainly see why. Holland's Peter Parker/Spider-Man felt like an authentic teenager, and his Spider-Man was hilarious. I loved the banter he threw with everyone he faced in the movie, and the fact they showed this rookie hero facing off and holding his own against these more experienced heroes was awesome.

Boseman's Black Panther can be described with one word: Badass. He made Black Panther a badass. He also had the bearing and inherent aura for a fighting king. And it was really cool seeing the Black Panther in action. That's pretty much all I can say about him. Buy the way, buy Black Panther's series. It's really good.

This film had so many awesome moments to see, especially the airport fight. It was probably the most epic fight of the whole freakin' movie! Every hero got at least one awesome moment. I especially loved Ant-Man's moments. So much for one of the heroes people would consider goofy.

Some may complain about the surprising amount of humor in this film, but I saw no issue with it. In fact, considering the darker times for the team in this film, I found the bit of humor to make a nice balance. And the ending was bittersweet, but more sweet than bitter. I don't think the Avengers will be broken apart for very long.

This was a fun film, and I can't wait to get it on DVD! If it's still in your local theater, watch this movie! You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment