Thursday, December 24, 2020

Coming 2 America Trailer, My Thoughts

In 1988, Paramount Pictures released the romantic comedy Coming to America. Directed by John Landis, based on a story by Eddie Murphy. It starred the comedian as Prince Akeen Joffar of the fictional African nation of Zamunda. Prince Akeem is looking for love, and he ends up traveling to the USA to find the girl of his dreams. 

The film also starred Arsenio Hall, James Earl Jones, Shari Headley, and John Amos. It was a box-office hit, grossing over $350 million worldwide, despite it getting mixed to average reviews. The film was also the subject over a lawsuit. The film would develop a cult following, and a sequel was announced in 2017. And now, it's time for a return to the nation of Zamunda. Let's look at the trailer! 


I think I remember seeing bits of the film on Comedy Central. The beginning is what I remember. I'll have to watch the whole thing one day.

I get Lion King vibes from this.

Back to America, Akeem? You...may have to wait a couple of years on that, your royal majestic buddy. We got...problems right now. Lots and lots of problems right now.

I admit, I would happily fly on a gold plane with James Earl Jones's face on the tail. That's just stylish right there.


...Wesley Snipes in a kilt. Is that a reference to The Last King of Scotland? Or maybe it's just Wesley Snipes wanted to wear a kilt. I mean, it's Wesley Snipes. Who's going to stop him? Man's killed vampires.

Those barbershop guys must be frickin' immortal or something! 

Seriously! Is the barbershop just frozen in time?! How are they not dead?!

I don't have a lot to say about the trailer, but it did make me laugh. So, that's something. I do hope this film turns out to be really good. I get the feeling Wesley Snipes will be hilarious. After all, he's wearing a kilt. 

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you enjoyed it, show it off! Take care of yourselves, and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often and wear a mask! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment