Sunday, December 6, 2020

Torchlight III Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

 In October 2009, Perfect World released the Runic Games-developed action-RPG hack-and-slash called Torchlight. In the game, your mission is to help clear out the monsters from the dungeons surrounding the town the game is named after. The town is above a rich vein of a substance called Ember, a special ore that can imbue people and items with magical powers. However, there's a dark secret of the magical substance that the player has to deal with as they explore the game.

Torchlight would be greatly praised for its graphics, music, and combat style, but it would receive criticism for a shallow storyline and lack of multiplayer. The game would be ported to the Xbox 360 in 2011, OS X in 2010, and Linux in 2012. The game would also get a sequel in 2012, which would eventually get ported to other operating systems, as well as the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch.

And now a third game is here! Let's take a look at the launch trailer!


A gear gadget powered by a human heart. I'm sure that's not an indication of anything horrific at all. 

And it puts out sickly purple mists that form a skull. That means nothing! There's nothing horrific here! I'm sure this machinery is perfectly fine and safe to use.


So, the land needs our help, huh? Well, okay.

I'm impressed with that lady's skill. Being able to pick off jetpack-wearing monsters at that distance? She must have an eagle's eyes.

Hee hee, alpaca.

You know, I've played the first game on the X-Box 360. I remember getting bored with it due to the game's dungeons seemingly being endless.

That cannon robot is awesome. And it packs a UNIBEEEEEEEEEAM!

Oh great, we get a party this time! Awesome! 

Well, I have to say this. This does look fun. I do hope they've adjusted the dungeons to make them less of a chore, and I do like a good action RPG. I hope there's a demo out there so I can give this a try. Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves, and each other. Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, and wear a mask! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment