Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Trailer, My Thoughts

When the Avengers reached their endgame, it marked the end of an era for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. We said goodbye to some of our heroes, but we also saw a legacy get passed on, particularly the legacy of Captain America. And now two men close to Steve Rogers are going on an adventure of their own.

Yes, back in September 2018, it was announced that Marvel Studios was working on some miniseries set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to be streamed on Disney's streaming service, Disney+. These miniseries would focus on characters in the MCU that never got starring roles in their own films. Among them was The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, a six-episode series that would see Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan reprise their roles as Sam Wilson and James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes as they face off against a group known as the Flag-Smashers. Let's look at the trailer!


Sam, if you think the legacy of Captain America is complicated here, you should look at the comics!

Trust me, a lot of people wielded the shield in the comics. 

Looks like Sam and Bucky are going on a roadtrip! Whoo-hoo!


I do think it makes a ton of sense that these guys are fighting a group called the Flag-Smashers. In the comics, the Flag-Smasher (especially the original Karl Morgenthau incarnation) was a man who believed in a world without borders, without nations. What better foil for a pair of characters who were connected to a man who was seen as a symbol of a nation?

Love Sam's fancy briefcase there. I'm betting he keeps his Falcon suit in it. Tony Stark's influence remains after he's gone...

Bucky's statement about people needing someone to get behind kind of reminds me of Phil Coulson's conversation with Captain America in the first movie. 

And yes, Daniel Bruhl is back as Helmut Zemo! Is that Bucky's hand? The hand certainly looks robotic.

I'm guessing that halftime-looking show is for introducing the new Captain America. I'm assuming that it's John Walker, played by Wyatt Russell. If you want to learn more about him, I suggest you read my reviews of  here and here.

Bucky has never quite the hang of clubbing.

That highfive has to be a nod to Predator.

Awesome knife flip!

Loving Falcon's new suit. It looks real snazzy.

Come on, Bucky! You can't tell me you aren't used to this madness by now!

OH MAN, THAT FLYING SEQUENCE WAS EPIC!

Ah, that banter between them was glorious. I always enjoyed their banter.

I have to admit, I am quite excited for this. I think the Captain America MCU trilogy is one of the best trilogies in film. As such, I was very excited for this series. I cannot wait for this mini-series! Let's go!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, and wear a mask! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment