Monday, May 31, 2021

Text Play: Pokémon Zeta #21

Hello, and welcome back to the Vesryn region! This is the 21st entry in my Text Play of Pokémon Zeta!


Now, as usual, I want to warn you. I will be spoiling the whole game.


So, if you want to play this game for yourself, I recommend downloading it at the game's wiki here. And with that out of the way, let's go!


I have to admit, I am rather nervous about this whole thing. I have never felt nervous before a big battle against anyone before. I have no idea why. Maybe it was because of the amount of grinding I've had to do in this game so far? I mean, I get the point of grinding. I understand it, I don't mind it. But it does mess with your head when you need to do a ton of grinding just so you can feel confident enough to face an upcoming threat.


As intimidating as this is, we can't put it off forever. We have to face Zeus to go ahead in this game. Although I will admit, I find it interesting that we're facing the big boss of the bad guy team here instead of...say, around the time we have to go up against this team's Elite Four. It does kind of feel like the game wants to try and get the Team Olympus storyline out of the way. 

Despite this, I doubt that beating Zeus here will mean that it will be the end of our troubles with them. I highly doubt that my beating Zeus will stop them from trying to collect legendary Pokémon so they can take over the world. After all, they managed to get Shaymin. And I doubt he's the only legendary Pokémon in this game. 


Anyway, we last left off meeting up with a second nurse. 


Jokes about her not having any sort of station aside, I do like that this mountain does have a couple of nurses here. Mt. Press is quite a long journey, and having a couple of nurses around like this really is a helpful anti-frustration feature. Saves on buying and using healing items.


In the screenshot, you may have noticed the bunch of Team Olympus goons near the nurse. Don't worry about them, you don't have to battle them. In fact, they allow you to pass by them because they want to see Zeus clobber us.


They're going to regret that. I hope. Anyway, we head past them, and we meet Team Olympus's resident twin terrors: Apollo and Artemis.


I think we've met these two clowns before. But from where? *snaps fingers* Oh, yeah! Now I remember! Back at the Ladoga Shrine! We encountered them in entry #12! They were trying to summon something called "Divaevus". Naturally, since their mythological counterparts were twins, it was a double battle. In the Shrine, we had gotten a surprise tag partner in Morgan, one of the game's Elite Four. Unfortunately, she's...not here with us right now. 

Presumably she's out doing...some Elite Four stuff. What do the Elite Four do when they are not fighting off future champions? Do they have side businesses? I mean, I can imagine they get government funding. But do they also have side gigs? For example, does one of the Elite Four run a restaurant? Does one of them also run a dance studio? 

Yeah, I get that gameplay-wise, the Elite Four are basically meant to be more obstacles. I just think it would be really neat to see a Pokemon game explore them a bit more, make them come off more as actual characters. Do a bit more worldbuilding with them. Just a thought.


It seems that their boss has lost a bit of faith in them. After all, it's not hard to see why. They don't exactly have the best of track records against us. 

But, back to the task at hand. I'm going to need a partner to fight Apollo and Artemis. Who's going to back me up?


Oh, great. Him.


Ohhhhhh, I am screwed. I am so screwed. Jake is an overcompensating jackwagon, and you can bet he's here because he only cares about showing how "great" he is. Did I do something to royally anger Arceus to get stuck with this royal clown? *sigh* Well, I do need a partner, and I guess I have to work with what I got. Apollo and Artemis have claimed that they had trouble against him, too. So maybe it won't be all bad.

...and then Jake has to be the overcompensating dimwit he is and say we're "Team Yoloswag". ...you are so lucky that we have bigger fish to fry here, Jake. Because you need your nose broken for that. It's here that we get a twist. Zeus expects Apollo and Artemis to lose. He basically wants them to soften up our Pokemon so he can have an easier time finishing them off. ...I take it he is completely unaware that there's a Nurse Joy hanging around nearby. 



Being the overcompensating jerk he is, Jake decides to call our team "Team Yoloswag". Team Yoloswag. Screw you, Jake. 

1st Pokemon: Electivire (Apollo) and Sableye (Artemis). Jake sends out Charizard and I sent out Moguera the Garchomp. Charizard and Garchomp easily defeated Electivire. 
2nd Pokemon: Sharpedo (Apollo). Artemis's Sableye turned out to be a Zoroark casting an illusion. Sharpedo defeated Charizard with Surf, forcing jake to bring out Scrafty. Zoroark was defeated by Sharpedo's Surf attack.
3rd Pokemon: Banette (Artemis). Luxray defeats Sharpedo.
4th Pokemon: Luxray (Apollo). Artemis withdrew Banette and brought in her (presuambly real) Sableye. Moguera defeated Apollo's Luxray. This Pokemon is such a beast here.
5th Pokemon: Tyranitar (Apollo). This Pokemon has the ability Sand Stream, which causes a sandstorm that hurts your Pokemon a little every turn. I switched out for Victreebel. Tyrnaitar defeated Scrafty, and Jake brought out Lairon. Victreebel defeated Tyranitar. Lairon defeated Sableye. Artemis brought out her Bannette. I brought out Butterfree. Bannette was able to paralyze Lairon with Thunder Wave. Butterfree put Banette to sleep with Sleep Powder, and Lairon was able to finish it with Iron Tail. 

And with that, Apollo and Artemis are beaten. They tell us that only one of us can ascend to the top. Jake decides that he'll let me do it because he's got "too much swag" for that. Jackoff, Team Olympus is trying to capture Legendary Pokemon so they can conquer the world. That's more important that your stupid "swag"! And the boss only wants to talk to me anyway. Ha ha, you suck, Jake.


After this battle, the game automatically heals up your Pokémon for you. You do not have to go and face Zeus right away. I saved the game here because, well...for obvious reasons. I don't want to face the big boss here unless I am absolutely ready to face him. After all, his Pokémon are nearly at level 60. I want to be ready for him.

I STRONGLY URGE you to save the game here if you make it to this point. This is the last chance you have to do some more grinding before you face Zeus.

And here is where I think we'll stop for this month. Next time, hopefully we'll get to face Zeus and hand him a whuppin'. Wish me luck! Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves, and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get vaccinated! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment