Monday, August 31, 2020

Text Play: Pokemon Zeta #12

Hello, and welcome back to the Vesryn Region! This is the twelfth entry in my Text Play of Pokémon Zeta!
As before, I will be spoiling the entire game. As such, I recommend that you download the game at its wiki here before reading this. Also, I want to apologize if any of the images on this blog are off-center. That appears to be a problem with the blog site. And with that, let's go!

Last time, we arrived in Ladoga Town, and I got a Happiny egg. So, I thought it'd be fun to ride around a bit with my bike to hatch it. There's a beach in town that's perfect for it. You can talk to the little kids at the beach, and they crack silly jokes.



Kind of like that. With the egg taking some time to hatch (even riding on a bike), I decided to do some exploring. Remember the closed-off bike path from the last entry? Well, there is a house right below it.



Go in there, and talk to one of the dudebros inside. He'll give you a thing called an Instant Lapras. The Instant Lapras is the item that replaces Surf. Wait...I had to use the Surf HM to get here. ...WHY DIDN'T THEY LET ME OBTAIN IT IN KIVU TOWN?!


Seriously?! Seriously! This is a problem I've had with this game. The Dolly, the Machete, the Instant Lapras. These are items that basically replace the HMs. And as I believe I have ranted before, and I do apologize for subjecting it to you all again, but I HATE the HMs. It's why I liked these items. They can do the same things on the Overworld that the HMs can do, but unlike HMs, you don't end up saddling a Pokémon with a move that you can't make them forget later on. I got the Surf HM at Kivu Town. We needed it to travel the waters of Route to get here to Ladoga Town. WHy give me the Surf HM to get here when I'd just get the replace item here in Ladoga? Why not just give me the Instant Lapras in Kivu?

That's a bit of a problem. The game forces you to use the HMs to get the item that replaces it. It makes the HMs redundant and pointless. Just give me the items. I know that some people may prefer to use the HMs, and that's fine. Just me personally, I never liked the HMs, even back when I was playing the original Pokémon Red and Blue back in the day.

Sorry about that, folks. Let's go back to exploring Ladoga Town, shall we? There are a couple of interesting sights to see here. One is the local lighthouse.



You can't enter here yet. Evidently, some mysterious "boss" resides in there. The two guards in front of it did reveal something about this person: Their first name is "Miror". Yeah. If you're a nut for Pokémon like I am, it's pretty obvious who it is in there. Nearby the lighthouse is a dock. At the end of it there is a building with a boat inside it.



You can't go in the boat because you need a ticket. And we have no ticket, so we cannot go for a nice boat ride. I'm sure we'll find a ticket somewhere down the line though, so it's not something I'm worried about. In the meantime, I've been riding around town trying to hatch this egg I got in the last entry. It's supposed to hatch to a Happiny, so I'm excited for that. So far thought, I don't seem to be making much progress on it, despite my doing plenty of riding around on my bicycle. Huh. Maybe I should put the egg away and work on something else for now. And so we shall.

The "Main Event" of this place is the Ladoga Shrine. It's here that Team Olympus is trying to summon this "Divaevus" thing.



The grunts guarding him just let me go right up to him. It's hilarious. They don't even try to stop me. I do wish it was because I got such a fearsome reputation from the beatdowns I've given them in the past, but I doubt that's the reason. Turns out they think that their boss can beat me. But still, I'd better be prepared. Luckily, Route 312 is right nearby.



It's a good place to grind up my Pokémon, and add some new ones to my collection. Tried to catch a Gligar, but it broke out of all my Pokéballs.  Even when asleep...HOW DO YOU DO THAT?! Did catch one on my second try, though. So, that's nice.


Anyway, after I did some grinding, I decided to once again take up the role of exterminator and clear out this place's little Team Olympus infestation.


The grunts in front of the shrine don't even attempt to challenge me. Guess my rep for kicking their butts got to them. The men at the shrine remark that someone named "Zeus" was able to predict this. He then noted that Team Olympus needed two legendary Pokémon...including this "Divaevus" one. Why? Arceus is essentially God in the Pokémon universe. What would this "Divaevus" be able to do? Anyway, they found a way to summon this thing...


And it takes the form of a Chespin. Yeah. I'm beginning to think this "Pokémon" is a bit of a troll. Anyway, the Team Olympus men finally realize that I'm here. One of them is Thor, who we faced back at the Pokehadron Collider. Another one of his associates, Apollo, suggests that he just capture the "Divaveus" with a Master Ball and just leave.



Anyway, some backup arrives: Morgan, one of the games' Elite Four.


She joins me in a double battle against Artemis and Apollo. Let's rock!

1st Pokémon - Elekid (Lv. 34, Apollo), Sableye (Lv. 34, Artemis). I brought out Gabite, Morgan brought out Swanna, both Lv. 35. Sableye managed to inflict Burn on Swanna. The Sableye was revealed to actually be a Zoroark. Swanna wa defeated, forcing Morgan to bring out her Lv. 35 Floatzel. Floatzel defeated Elekid.
2nd Pokémon - Luxray (Lv. 37, Apollo). Zoroark was defeated by Gabite.
3rd Pokémon - Banette (Lv. 35, Artemis). Floatzel was defeated. Morgan sent out Walrein (Lv. 35). Gabite defeated Banette. One Dragon Claw, baby!
4th Pokémon -  Sableye (Lv. 37, Artemis). Sableye defeated Gabite with Ice Fang. Sableye was defeated due to Confusion effect. I brought out Butterfree and used SLeep Powder on Luxray. Butterfree defeats Luxray with a Psybeam.
5th Pokémon - Pupitar (Lv. 37, Artemis?). Defeated by Butterfree.
6th Pokémon - Sharpedo (Lv. 35, Apollo). Defeated Butterfree. Brought out Weepinbell. Weepinbell was defeated by Walrein's hail. Brought out Luxray. Shapredo was defeated by hurting itself in its confusion. A shame, as Luxray had a nice bit of Thunder Fang for it.

Yeah, there appears to be a goof here. Apollo is supposed to use Fire-type Pokémon like Vulpix. Makes sense that Apollo is the god of the sun. But he mainly used Electric-type Pokémon, like Luxray. Yeah, evidently he got mixed up with his counterpart in Pokémon Omicron's Team Asgard Thor. Yeah. Sheesh, what a massive goof.



Writing out a double battle is hard. With the battle over, Morgan commands her Walrein to use Roar to drive off Divaevus. Amazingly, it succeeds. You'd think a Pokémon as supposedly powerful as that one would be able to resist that attack, but what do I know?


Apollo basically writes it off, saying Zeus knows where Victini is anyway. And they'll be able to catch it and presumably wish Divaevus into their possession...after killing the Elite Four off. And us, of course. Remember, we're also the reason why Team Olympus was foiled at the Pokehadron Collider.

Afterwards, Morgan explains she learned of me thanks to Wilson. He had warned her that Team Olympus may come to the "Chrome Circle". She had wanted to get me because Tobias of the Elite Four wanted to meet me. Remember Graham, the Gym Leader in Kivu Town? Tobias is his brother. I'm guessing Graham was very impressed with my victory against him, and told Tobias about me. That's pretty awesome. I hope he's a good kid.

Ad that's where we're going to have to stop for now. But I hope you will join me next time as I...figure out where to go next from here.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you like it, show it off! Take care of yourself, and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, and wear a mask! See you next time!

Pokémon Obtained
(Route 312)
- Tropius
- Gligar
- Trapinch
- Vespiquen

No comments:

Post a Comment