Thursday, August 6, 2020

Panzer Paladin Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

Over the last few years, it has been popular to create games that evoke the classic 8 and 16-bit era of video games. It makes sense, as many of today's game developers grew up playing games during those eras. The people at Canadian game studio Tribute Games are no different. This little offering from them is not just for those who liked those eras of games, but also for those who were fond of giant mechas like Gundam...and swords. Let's look at the launch trailer for Panzer Paladin!



Well, this looks neat. That's what I thought when seeing this for the first time. I like robots.


...what is this thing called, anyway? Pyramidas? Pharoah Man? Seriously, what is this giant robot called? I found this picture of it years ago.

Panzer Paladin. Now that is a name with some punch.

I love the mechanic of beating down enemies with their own weapons. Reminds me of Armored Warriors a bit. Speaking of Armored Warriors, if you like beat-em-ups, get the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle. It's awesome. Seven great games.

I like the usage of the announcer. Makes the trailer come off as more epic and exciting. It's like you have to get this game.

You can leave the robot and fight enemies yourself? Reminds me of Blaster Master. The reboot was pretty good, too.

Hey, you can make weapons, too? Sweet! I'm gonna beat monsters with a fish. Monty Python-style!

I'm no speedrun fan myself, but I'm sure there are people who are happy to have this mode. I hope they are.

Travel the world, pilot a robot, and cut monsters open with a sword? Where do I sign up for this? What's the pay? Are there benefits? Does this job come with good insurance? I hope so. Because this looks fun!



Well, I consider this a game I have to play! It reminds me a lot of games that I really enjoyed, like Shovel Knight, DuckTales, Mega Man, the remake of Blaster Master, etc. It also is about a giant mecha travelling the world beating up demons. How is that not awesome?! I mean, that's so cool! How can you not want to play a game like this?! This is a definite add to the Switch library.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, share it with others! Take care of yourselves, and each other. Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, and wear a mask. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment