Monday, August 24, 2020

Wonder Woman Trailer #2, My Thoughts

Back in December of last year, I looked at the first trailer for Wonder Woman 1984. I remembered being very excited for it as I loved the last Wonder Woman movie. With the DC Fandome event, a whole bunch of projects relating to DC's characters was announced. It also served to remind us there still some things coming. And one of those treats we got was a new trailer for WW84. Let's take a look!



Run, Diana! Ruuuuuuuun!

Eh, I still am not quite too fond of this film's take on Themyscira/Paradise Island. It never really ruined the film for me, but it didn't feel like the comics to me. It should look like Ancient Greece, not...this.

What these Amazons did not realize was that the small Diana next to them had god blood in her veins. They were in for a metaphorical whuppin'.

Okay, what is Diana's lasso latching on to? It's daytime, there's no lightning.


Okay, based on that satellite dish, I'm wondering something. ...is this a Metal Gear crossover? Because Diana hanging out with Solid Snake would be neat.

Yeah, there has to be something to this. There has to be some kind of twist on Steve Trevor's mysterious "return" after 70 years. I'm guessing Dr. Psycho myself. Or Psycho-Pirate.



Well, yeah Steve. She's immortal. Did she not tell you this?

Based on the first trailer, I expected to see this version of Barbara Minerva be kind of like Selina kyle in Batman Returns. Looks like it'll be more she always had a monster inside her, she just can unleash it now.

Ah, so we get a bit of Barbara's motivation here. It's the old "You got to have everything, and I didn't! So now you're going to see what it's like to have nothing!" bit.

I don't know why, but I love that truck flip.

Is...Is Wonder Woman lassoing a cloud?

Fun fact, the first patent for a gas turbine to power an aircraft was filed by Frenchman Maxime Guillaume in 1921. The first aircraft to have a jet engine would be the German Heinkel He 178, which first flew in 27 August, 1939.

Another fun fact? Radar as we know it today was secretly developed by researchers in several countries shortly before World War II. So it does make sense that Steve Trevor would be amazed by a jetplane equipped with radar.


Max Lord using those mind control powers he has in the comics. I wonder if it's connected to that gold crystal he was seen with in the last trailer. You know, the one that looked like a LEGO piece?


Remember when I said that this Barbara may have had a monster inside of her? Maybe her transformation could be seen as symbolic. Physically, she's become the very monster she always want.

"YOU HAVE BEEN A BAD KITTY!"

Maybe that LEGO crystal had something to do with the Cheetah becoming an actual catwoman...

It looks like this Cheetah will be amalgaming various comic incarnations of the character. She stars out wearing a suit like Priscilla Rich, has the rage of Deborah Domaine, and will have the feline form of Barbara Minerva. Neat.

I thought parachute pants were a 90s thing! At least, that's when I first became aware of them, with MC Hammer and all.

Well, this trailer looks pretty neat. I was excited for this movie already, but I am really hyped now. I thought the fully-changed Cheetah looked neat, and I can't waist for the twist with Steve Trevor's resurrection. I think this movie will be just as good as the original.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, and wear a mask. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment