Monday, August 16, 2021

Ghostbusters: Afterlife Trailer, My Thoughts

For nearly 40 years, Ghostbusters has been one of the most beloved franchises, spawning movies, cartoon series, books, and comics. It was announced in January 2019 that a new Ghostbusters movie that would follow up on the first two was in the works, directed by Jason Reitman (son of Ivan Reitman, director of the original Ghostbusters movie). It was intended to be released last year, but it ended up delayed due to the pandemic. Let's look at the trailer!


Summerville. It's got a big rivalry with Wintertown a few miles over.

I think we got our Egon!

I love diners! Especially diner burgers.


Hey, Paul Rudd! This should be fun, then!


The old-school ghost trap! Looks like this is film is more directly linked to the first two movies. 

Annie Potts! I'm betting she's old Janine Melnitz.

The Ecto-1 is back, baby!


Yeah, it needs a coat of paint and a cleaning, but that's not an issue.

I'm betting this town has a dinosaur problem.

Okay, maybe not!

Hey, Mini-Stay Pufts! Ain't they cute?

Yeah, I'd been wondering if I was drunk, too.


Yeah, I bet there were Gozer worshippers here. 

That...that was Dan Ackroyd! And that was him as Ray! 

This was honestly kind of what I wanted in a new Ghostbusters movie. The idea of a torch being passed. It was kind of something I wished the 2016 film did, show us a passing of the torch. I do like the idea of this new generation of Ghostbusters fighting netherworldly menaces in a small Midwest town. Helps it feel fresh and different from the traditional city-based adventures of the originals. This film looks like it will be a lot of fun!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get vaccinated! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment