Sunday, August 29, 2021

Text Play: Pokémon Zeta #24

Hello, and welcome back to the Vesryn Region! This is entry number 24 in my Text Play of Pokémon Zeta!


Now, as usual, I will warn you. I will warn you, I will be spoiling this game.


If you want to play the game for yourself, you can download it at the game's wiki here. So, with that out of the way, let's go!


Last time, we finally arrived at Blackfist City. Blackfist City is one of the largest cities in the entire Vesryn region. It's here we're going to be facing . But first, there's some items we can pick up in the Residential District. We already got the EXP. Share, but there are still two other items. The first can be found in this house directly below the entrance to the Residential District.


Talk to the Seviper here. It's the black snake-like Pokémon. It'll give you a Poison Gem. A Poison Gem is a one-time use item. If a Pokémon holds it, the first Poison-type attack they use will be increased in power. I don't see the use of such an item myself, but that's just me.


Next, we go up to a house located in the east of the city. We talk to the blond guy inside.


This is for the Wireless Communication Depot in Fianga City. This ID will allow us to battle a simulation of Martin and his Pokémon team at a simulator there. I'd actually like to go back to Fianga and try this out! Sounds fun!

Anyway, there's one main reason we are here. Blackfist City has a Gym, and that Gym has the seventh badge of the game. We get this, we get one step closer to finally challenging the Quasar League!


However, we get a bit of an obstacle when we arrive at the Gym. It turns out that Demetri isn't exactly at home at the moment.



At least the man's still in town, and you don't have to go on a complicated freakin' side quest to find him. The Blackfist Department Store is one of the big features of this city. Like the Celadon City Department Store in the original Red and Blue, the Blackfist Department Store is a multi-leveled building with each floor dedicated to selling particular items. I did see something in the lobby that amused me.


Pay phones. Heh. You do not see those much anymore. The lobby has stairs and an elevator. If you're in a rush, take the elevator. Here's a key to which floors have what:

  • Floor 1: Lobby. You enter here, and there's an old man on the couch who will tell you where Demitiri is hanging out.
  • Floor 2: Trainer's Market. Here you can buy Pokeballs, Potions and healing items, and incense.
  • Floor 3: TV Game Shop. Here you can buy TMs, and eggs for certain Pokémon. The eggs and TM vary in price, so save your money.
  • Floor 4: Wise Man Gifts. Here you can buy certain items that can help Pokémon evolve, like evolutionary stones. You can buy a special new item here called a Dream Stone. Also, you can buy items that can boost Pokémon's stats here like the Choice Band.
  • Floor 5: Drugstore. Here we get drugs. Ha ha, I'm kidding. Here, we can get vitamins that can boost a Pokémon's stats, like Protein, Iron, etc.

Demitri can be found hanging out on the Department Store's roof. 


The roof is inaccessible by elevator, you have to take the stairs. Or you can take the elevator to the 5th floor, and take the stairs on that floor to the roof. Anyway, he's the guy with the turquoise hair in the screenshot. He's been eager to battle me since he sensed my defeating Zeus. And with that, he vanishes.

...well, as long as we're up here, might as well get a couple of drinks from the vending machines then head back downstairs. It's hot out here, and I'm thirsty. While there, it got me thinking about what Pokémon I should bring to face Demitri. The man uses Psychic-type Pokémon in his Gym, so Fighting and Poison-types are out of the question. But Psychic Pokémon do have weaknesses. In particular, Bug, Dark, and Ghost-types. They will do the job just fine.

Luckily, I do have some options. A surprising amount of options...


My Butterfree is a Bug/Flying Pokémon, and it knows both Sleep Powder and the Bug-type move Bug Buzz. She is a definite member of my squad to face Demitri. Also, in my experience, Butterfree are surprising powerhouses. 

I'm also considering keeping my Luxray on board as well, as he knows Crunch, a Dark-type attack. My Gabite also knows Crunch, and she's shown herself to be a bit of a beast in battle. My Magmortar has Dark Pulse and Confuse Ray. I don't think Victreebel would be helpful here, unfortunately. It's part-Poison, so it's very vulnerable to Psychic-type attacks. Unfortunately, I'll also have to remove Kingdra again as well. I'm quite reluctant to do so, as I replaced them with Tentacruel for getting through Mt. Press. I don't want to leave Kingdra out again, but I really don't have much of a choice. I need the spot.

Sableye would be a good choice to face Demitri. It's Dark/Ghost, and the one I caught does know a couple moves of both types. I think I'll bring that one on board. I have a Mandibuzz that has nothing but Dark-type moves. Krokorok is Dark/Ground and knows Crunch. I also have a Spiritomb. It's Ghost/Dark, and it knows Ominous Wind, a Ghost-type move. 

As I was looking over my Pokémon collection, I had found myself thinking back to my days of playing the original Red and Blue. Back then, Sabrina was the most dreaded Gym Leader. Psychic was overpowered in those games, and there was very little options in countering them. Now, I got tons of options. How things change. Ultimately, I went with this team.


Luckily, grinding won't be quite as hard here as I now have the EXP Share. It would have been better if I had the Sun and Moon-style one instead of the one I got, but I'm taking what I can get. And at the last minute, I decided to switch out Spiritomb with Murkrow because, well...I like Murkrow. And I'm not too fond of the moveset my Spiritomb had. I have a Ditto, I wish I could breed a Spiritomb so I'd have more say over what moves it had. And Murkrow is awesome. 

Now that I have my team ready to rock and roll, it's time to get to the grinding. And I think that's where we'll stop for the time being. Hopefully, next time, we'll get to face Demitri and get badge #7! Wish me luck!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment