Monday, April 4, 2022

Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed Reveal Trailer, My Thoughts

The Ghostbusters have had a long history in the world of video games. The first Ghostbusters video game was released in 1984 for various computers and consoles of the time like the Commodore 64, NES, Master System, and the Atari 2600. In March, this new game was announced to be released for Windows, PlayStation 4 and 5, and the XBox One X and S. Let's look at the trailer!


Holy cow, they got Ernie Hudson for this game!


That can't be either of the art museums from the films.

I like the nod to Zeddemore's line from the first Ghostbusters film: "We got the tools, we got the talent!" 

I wonder if one of those Ghostbuster avatars is a nod to Leslie Jones's character from the 2016 film. It strongly resembles her.


The first-person view is something I'm surprised I don't see more games in this franchise do. It's a perfect way to immerse a player into the game's world.

That ghost looks like Slimer's evil cousin, ha ha!

Nothing more fun than busting ghosts with your friends!


"One in the box, ready to go! We be fast, and it be slow!"


Hey, cool! It makes sense Dan Ackroyd would be involved with this. The franchise was basically his baby.

Ah yes, Tobin's Spirit Guide. The Ghostbuster's Bible. Every 'buster worth their salt swears by it.

Playing as a ghost is actually a pretty cool idea. I know there are some who would love to give the Ghostbusters a bit of pain. I hope the game provides a wide variety of ghosts with various abilities that can test the Ghostbusters in a variety of ways.

Well, consider me excited. I have a PlayStation 4 that I could use a game or two for, so this seems like a good choice to start with. 

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get vaccinated/boosted! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment