Monday, April 18, 2022

Thor: Love and Thunder Teaser, My Thoughts

After the events of Avengers: Endgame, the Avengers' resident God of Thunder is ready to hang up Stormbreaker. He's found himself with some new priorities in life, mainly finding a place for himself and some long-deserved inner peace. However, an evil god-killer has forced Thor to pick up his hammer/axe one more time, and he must fight with the power of love and thunder. Let's take a look at the long-anticipated teaser for the 29th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Thor: Love and Thunder!

Ha ha, cameo of the classic comic costume! I love little nods like that.


You know, in Norse Mythology, Thor is not only associated with weather. He's also associated with trees. I am not kidding. Trees. I think it would be a nice nod to see him taking up forestry in this film as a retirement activity. That's a nice peaceful thing to do, help maintain forests. And forests are good. I like forests.


Look like Thor's taken up meditation. Maybe he met the Buddha in his travels with the Guardians post-Endgame?

Ahhhh, "Sweet Child o' Mine" by Guns 'N' Roses. I can imagine that song is bringing up the idea that Thor is thinking of a certain astrophysicist back on Earth...

Good to see Thor getting himself back into shape. I admit, I do like the idea he still has a bit of a belly. It's a nice bit of visual symbolism. Thor's still not quite recovered from his issues, but he's getting there. He's healing. It would be nice if he was shown eating some salad. A nice nod to Endgame.

I think that's a Watcher's skeleton he's using there.


Wow. Just...the visuals, man. The visuals.


I think that's Olympus we're seeing here. Which means we could have Hercules showing up.

Looks like Valkyrie's reign as the new King of Asgard's has gone well. I wonder if between this movie and MiB International, Tessa Thompson will do a role if it allows her to wear a suit. Not a complaint, I'm just wondering. She pulls it off. I can imagine that maybe like Thor, she's struggling to figure out who she is as a king. Would be a nice parallel. 

He's not looking at you, Peter. Funny enough, Guardians of the Galaxy #9 (February 2021) established that Peter Quill was bisexual. He had entered into a polyamorous relationship with a male and a female alien and was with them for nearly 150 years. I friggin' love comics.


And we get our first look at Jane Foster as the Mighty Thor. She looks great! I wonder who got the pieces of Mjolnir and put them back together. Asgard must have some amazing Gorilla Glue.

Well, I'm going to say it. I'm hyped! I'm hyped to see this movie! I really loved Thor: Ragnarok, so I think this'll be a fun film. 

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get vaccinated and boosted! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment