Sunday, October 30, 2022

Text Play: Pokémon Xenoverse #10

Hello, and welcome back to the Eldiw region! This is the tenth entry in my Text Play of Pokémon Xenoverse!


Now, as is tradition, I wish to warn you that I will be spoiling this game.


As such, I strongly recommend that you play the game for yourself before you read this. You can download it here. Don't worry, it's obviously playable in English, otherwise I wouldn't be playing this game, ha ha. And with that, let's do this!

Last time, we prepared to undertake the final trial of Princess Vanilla's gym: The Trial of Grass. We easily managed to bulldoze our way through the previous two Trials: The Trial of Fire, and the Trial of Water.


When we enter the door, we find ourselves...out here.

Wait, what the heck?! Where? How did-?! How? Where did this forest come from!? How did they do this?! What is this, some kind of magic door?!


Anyway, this area is a gigantic hedge maze. I wish I could provide a map of it. I would have gone to the game's wiki, but it doesn't have a map, either. I tried to make one, but it...didn't work out. 

I do apologize for this. You can find various items here, but you'll also find knights to battle. Eventually, you'll find Lurch, I mean, Armand standing in front of an archway.

You have to battle him before you can face Princess Vanilla herself. Let's do this!


1st Pokemon: Reindear (Lv. 25) - Defeated by Trishout.
2nd Pokemon: Chigami (Lv. 26) - Defeated by Trishout.

Once he is beaten, he vanishes. You cross the bridge and face Vanilla herself.


It's time.

I cannot help but wonder what that Sneasel is with her? Is that a regional variant? Is that an X Pokémon? Before the battle begins, she requests that you hand over the Golden Spoon and Cup you got in the last Trials to her. So she can have some ice cream.


HOW did she get to be a gym leader again!? 

1st Pokémon: Mimikyu (Lv. 26) - Defeated by Trishout.
2nd Pokémon: Slurpuff (Lv. 28) - Defeated by Trishout with Hyper Voice. Trishout learned Hyper Voice after defeating Mimikyu.
3rd Pokémon: Smeargle (Lv. 26) - Defeated by Trishout with Hyper Voice.

Yeah, I'll admit something. Vanilla may be a brat, but her Pokémon are no joke. There's the reason she is a gym leader. Her first Mimikyu is especially proof of that. Its Shadow Sneak hits hard and its decoy disguises make you waste attacks. I can't help but feel a bit frustrated. You see, I spent all this time training up a bunch of Pokémon to take Vanilla on, and it ended up seemingly all for nothing because Trishout was able to walk all over Vanilla's team. None of my other Pokémon I spent all that time leveling up got to battle! It makes me feel a bit sad. 

I should not have been surprised that Vanilla was a bit challenging. It has been established earlier that she takes in and helps raise wild Pokémon, so I can imagine that this is how she got her experience to be a Gym Leader. The Pokémon she uses likely are wild ones she took in. I still am convinced that she only got the job because she threw a tantrum and they gave it to her in an attempt to pacify her, though.

And with that, Vanilla is beaten. The battle makes her realize that she needs to take being a Gym Leader more seriously. Good on you, Princess! Hope that works out for you! We get the Sugar Badge and TM94 (Dazzling Gleam). It creates a powerful flash of light that can damage enemies. Think the old Flash HM if it could also be used an offensive move.

And I think that's where we'll stop for this month. Sorry this entry is so short. I have not had as much time to work on this game as I would have liked. I do want to maintain the regular schedule of putting up the entries at the end of the month, hence why this one is so short. I hope to give you something more next month. 

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get your vaccine/booster! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment