Sunday, March 12, 2023

Minecraft Mega Man X DLC Trailer, My Thoughts

In 2011, the crafting game known as Minecraft was released. Minecraft would go on to be a critically-acclaimed game, as well as the highest-selling game of all time, with nearly 200 million copies, ported to numerous consoles and computers. The game has also been used for various crossovers with other franchises. And now, the 1993 SNES classic Mega Man X is getting the Minecraft treatment. Let's look at the trailer!


I admit, I am surprised to see this crossover. I actually thought if they crossed over, it would be the original version of Mega Man, not the X incarnation. This isn't a complaint, this is just a surprise.

Heh heh, Big Minecraft SNES.

Say what you will about Mega Man X, you can't deny it has a nice soundtrack.

I love that they incorporated the level select screen into a monitor in what looks like a futuristic control center.

I get the impression from this trailer that you play can play through Mega Man X in Minecraft form.

🎵 Stompin' around in my mech suit, yeah yeah yeah... 🎵

Hey, playing with friends? This would be a fun way to get through some tougher parts of the game. I mean, I've played some of Mega Man X, and I think it's a hard game...


Upgrading gear, huh? I wonder. I know in the original MMX, you can get armor pieces that give you different abilities. I wonder if this will go beyond that. Making your Special Weapons more energy efficient, allowing you to become more resistant to enemy blows, that type of thing. Make Mega Man X a full-on action RPG.

I wonder if in this lab complex, you can practice fighting the Mavericks so you can develop strategies for facing the real things. Would be fun.

Well, this looks really cool! I think I will definitely give this a shot. Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get your vaccine/booster! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment