Tuesday, March 7, 2023

TMNT: Mutant Mayhem Teaser, My Thoughts

Over the decades of the franchise's existence, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have made their way through many kinds of media. They started from comics, but arguably truly reached fame thanks to animation. There have been several animated series over the years, the original 1987-1996 animated series arguably seen as the iconic portrayal of the Heroes in the Half-Shell. They've also had animated adventures on the big screen, the first being the 2007 film TMNT. And they're now going to return to the silver screen with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem, a reboot of the film series. Let's look at the teaser!


Heh. Eternal teenager.

Ahhh, a nice peaceful night in New York City. Nothing bad is totally going to happen tonight. 

I do like the idea of the Ninja Turtles being voiced by actual teenagers. Helps with the feeling of authenticity. 

This is neat, seeing the Ninja Turtles goof around and acting like, well...kids. Also, I like the little touches for the characters. Raph having a missing tooth fitting his nature as the hot-headed brawler, Donnie having the glasses, and Mikey having the...braces?


Who put those in for him? Did Donnie do that? 

"He's gonna die." Don't jinx it, Donnie!

"We may have killed somebody, but oh well, probably deserved it. I'm hankering for pepperoni!" Yep, that's Raph.


Heh. Shreks.

OH, THAT'LL HURT.


I was laughing so hard at this part in the trailer.

I think this April looks just fine. Reminds me of a more chill version of Rise of the TMNT April.

Well, they're not wrong. "Ooze" does roll off the tongue better. I mean, ooze. Oooze. Ooooooooooze.


Alright, alright! I liked the style of the trailer's animation. It makes me think of claymation. It's clear they're drawing from Spider-Verse's style. The city looks gritty yet has a colorful vibe to it that I like. This looks like a fun movie, and it's got one heck of a cast. I can't wait to watch it! Thanks for reading this blog entry! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get your vaccine/booster! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment