Saturday, September 17, 2016

Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer, My Thoughts

Duke Nukem is not the only old-school video game character returning to action, although this one is coming back with a brand new game. The character: one Lo Wang. The game: Shadow Warrior 2.


I have to admit, I was surprised by how the trailer started. Lo Wang seems to be a bit more...bitter in this game. At least, that's what it sounded like to me. Seems like he paid a terrible price for saving the world five years ago in the last Shadow Warrior game (The 2013 reboot game. I really got to play that). He's driving his car down a road until...

...something awesome happens. A giant samurai comes down with this big double-bladed naginata-like weapon and just smashes it into the ground, and uses it to cut Lo Wang's car in half while he is driving it. It is so COOL! And even funnier, Lo Wang just looks so non-plussed about it. It's like, "Hey go ahead man, cut my car in half, I got like ten more of these cars."

Man, samurai guy looks awesome. He looks really intimidating, helped by that armor and his size. However, to Lo Wang, he's nothing. Shot, then sliced in half.

Then, Lo Wang visits an old guy, who injects something into his neck, and turns into a monster in front of Lo Wang. Wang then reveals he brought a couple friends with him that I do not recognize. The trailer ends with them facing off against the monster, with Lo Wang asking, "WHO WANTS SOME WANG?!"

I have to admit, this trailer looked really cool. It didn't show any gameplay footage, but I doubt they will do anything radical with it. If this trailer was being made using the assets, then at least this game will look spectacular.

You know, if this game does well, you think they'll give the original 1997 Shadow Warrior game the treatment Duke Nukem 3D did for its own 20th Anniversary? It IS coming up next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment