Thursday, November 3, 2016

Wonder Woman Trailer, My Thoughts

The DC Cinematic Universe marches on! We've had a teaser, but now here's a trailer! Enjoy!


The trailer begins with Diana walking by what appears to be the Louvre in Paris, France. Her dialogue here seems to indicate that Diana has become somewhat disillusioned. I have wondered why the film was set in World War I instead of World War II, and now I think I understand why now. WWI was called "The War to End All Wars", heck Chris Pine's Steve Trevor outright says it. Perhaps with witnessing the rise of the Third Reich and World War II, Diana grew somewhat disillusioned with humanity, and went into hiding. That certainly would explain why she didn't give Superman a hand against the Kryptonians in Man of Steel.

The trailer then shows Diana rescuing Steve Trevor, and some soldiers fighting Amazons. I think it could be possibly these soldiers are after Trevor, somehow following him to Themyscira.

I will be honest, Themyscira as it's being presented here has not really grown on me. It doesn't seem like Themyscira. It looks like they were going for a dark fantasy vibe. I was hoping to see things like Greek columns and statues of Athena and Aphrodite.

The trailer hints about fantastic weapons being developed, one of them being what looks like a gas than can destroy gas masks. Based on this, I'm guessing that Dr. Poison is going to be a villain of the movie. Poisons and such chemical weapons are her forte. I doubt she'll be the main villain, as she isn't the most powerful or high-profile villain in the Amazing Amazon's rogues gallery.

I wonder one thing about Diana's voice here. Is that Gal Gadot's real voice, or is that some kind of accent she's going for?

There is a really cool scene with Diana using her bulletproof bracelets. Nice to see them in action. Hoping the Lasso of Truth gets used as a lie detector.

We then get a montage of action moments, and a nice little scene with Diana expressing confusion about a dress with Etta Candy. I like Etta. Etta's neat.

I do like the trailer. It does its job. It gives us a nice idea of what we're in for. I just hope this movie ends up being really good. DC needs a really good movie. Wonder Woman needs a good movie. PLEASE let this be a good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment