Sunday, January 8, 2017

Double Dragon IV Teaser, My Thoughts

This year, the Double Dragon franchise is celebrating its 30th anniversary, and Arc System Works plans to celebrate by putting out a new game. Say hello to Double Dragon IV!



The trailer starts with a "Double Dragon 30th Anniversary" card, then the video goes into an effect that resembles the turning on of an old CRT TV, complete with tracking issues. The sequence gives us a glimpse of what we can assume is the game's title screen, which seems to resemble the title screens of the NES Double Dragon games. Interesting.

Then it shows a TV showing footage of the intro cutscene and some gameplay of the original Double Dragon. The music is a slowed-down version of the what I believe is the theme song. The snow hits, and...

It switches to what I think may be footage of the new game. I have to admit, I am kind of disappointed that this new game isn't in the style of Double Dragon Neon, as I really enjoyed Neon's look and soundtrack. However, I'm sure making it look like it the NES will be a nice thing for those who grew up with the series on NES. Neon was the first game in the series I really sat down and played. I do remember playing a little bit of the original in an arcade many years ago, but that was really it with me and the series.

I will admit, that take on the theme is pretty awesome, and the game does look fun. Shame it's only going to be coming to PS4 and Steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment