Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Trailer, My Thoughts

The Nintendo Switch is on its way, and with it comes a new entry in one of Nintendo's most beloved series: The Legend of Zelda. That's right, Link is back, and he's going on another epic adventure. However, this one is like none he's been on before. Welcome back to Hyrule, and get ready to learn about the Breath of the Wild...


The trailer begins with some gorgeous views of some incredible landscapes. Seriously, this game's take on Hyrule is absolutely incredible! It's such a joy to look at. The music that is heard during the trailer sounds wonderful, too.

We zoom into a forest, and a clearing...where we see the Master Sword embedded in a rock, waiting for Link to take it up again. This must be the Lost Woods. That's where the sword would be found in Link to the Past.

We next cut to Link staring over the incredibly well-made horizon. I will admit, it does feel a bit odd to see Link wearing a blue tunic as part of his default outfit. It's not bad, it does look good, and it is something that doesn't really bother me. I just notice things like that. Considering all the green grass we see Link running around in, having him choose a new outfit color would be a good idea.

Next we see Link climbing a mountain, running on a bridge, running in the snow, and riding a horse. I think that horse might be Epona. Looks like Epona. Next, we hear a woman talking. She's talking about how the Royal Family's line of Hyrule is also connected to Ganon, or as he's called here, "Calamity Ganon". We get more views of the scenery. A strange tower explodes out of the ground, and then we see a castle with a mist on it, and then a dragon's head...no, not a dragon. A pig's head. That's gotta be Calamity Ganon.

We next see Link fighting some monsters. A moment makes me think of Midna from Twilight Princess. And there's more footage, which is really awesome to watch.

We then see what appears to be the Great Deku Tree talking to Link, and it says Link has no memory of him. Interesting. The Tree also remarks that Link is ready to be told about something that happened one hundred years ago...hmm. I wonder what that could mean?

And there's a brief moment of Zelda bathing. Oh, my...

I have to admit, I love the monsters that Link is seen fighting in this trailer. They look so...otherworldly and strange. I love them. I get a mechanical vibe from some of them. They could be robots. That would be neat.

We do see some glimpses of Zelda. I wonder what role she'll play in this game. And for the first time...she speaks. Possibly. All she has done, huh? Who has said that? And what have they done? Was it Zelda? Did Zelda do something terrible in an attempt to save Hyrule?

There's a brief scene of Link standing with some people facing an object. I'm thinking Link may get some allies to aid him in this little adventure.

We get some visuals of what I'm assuming will be characters in the game to end the trailer, with a "post-credits" one of Link being told to open his eyes by a mysterious voice, who may or may not be a friend.

This trailer was amazing to watch. It does leave me very curious and excited for this game. I am eager to learn more about this land that Link lives in. I want to fight those monsters. I want to meet those characters. Bring it on, Breath of the Wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment