Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Yoshi's Woolly World - Let's Get Adventuring Trailer!

Yoshi's Woolly World is coming to the 3DS! I saw the Completionist's video on the original Wii U version of the game, and I have to admit, the game looked like a lot of fun. Now that I own a Wii U, I wanted to pick this game up. Buuuuuuuuuut, Nintendo announced a port of the game is coming to the 3DS.

This actually got my interest. I LOVE my 3DS. Most of my gaming is done with that these days. I've been enjoying Pokémon Sun and Dragon Quest VII. I also want to get Dragon Quest VIII. The 3DS port will be referred to as Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World. Here's the Let's Get Adventuring Trailer!



I have to admit, the game does look good on the 3DS. The gameplay features seem to be the standard mechanics for a Yoshi game: Yoshi can eat enemies, make them into eggs, toss eggs, that kind of thing. There are collectibles, including this thing called Wonder Wool (Which is something Wonder Woman would use to knit), which can be used to knit Yoshi's fellow Yoshis back together. Was that from the Wii U version?

There are many patterns of Yoshis which are playable. I know in the Wii U version, Amiibos can unlock unique Yoshi patterns based on the characters...well, except for the Pokémon ones. Maybe this version will have unique patterns for those Amiibos.

Every level from the Wii U version will be in this port? Well, that is really awesome. I wonder how they managed to fit all that on the 3DS cartridge.

This version has a feature called Mellow Mode, which is a mode that allows the player to "take it easy", as the trailer said. Basically, the levels are altered to make them more relaxed to play, and you can use Poochy Pups, who are ADORABLE, to find secrets. That's pretty neat.

This version also apparently allows levels to be played by Poochy. The levels appear to become bead rushes, in which you have to collect as many as you can. That's a neat extra feature. Hope you get something cool for beating all the levels like this.

There also appears to be a new feature to the game: Designing your own Yoshis. Yup, you can create your own unique-looking Yoshi, play as that Yoshi in-game, and use the StreetPass feature to share the design with others. That's pretty cool. When I get this game, I think I'll be able to cook up some cool designs...

You can also watch little stop-motion videos with Yoshi and Poochy. I wonder how they can be unlocked. Nintendo put a couple up on their YouTube page. Give them a watch, they are cute. My favorite is the one with the cake.

The game retains its Amiibo features. That's neat. The Poochy one gives some new time-trial challenges for the levels. Beat them, and Poochy gets some new skins. Cool! I wonder what new looks the little dog will have.

I love this. I love that the port has some new features and stuff put in. It really amazes me that they could take a WHOLE WII U GAME, and stuff it, AND EXTRA STUFF, into a 3DS cartridge. I think I'll pick this game up.

No comments:

Post a Comment