Monday, June 11, 2018

Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer, My Thoughts

In 1988, R. Talsorian Games published a little tabletop role-playing game known as Cyberpunk. The game, inspired by cyberpunk authors like William Gibson, the game was set in the year 2013 in the fiction Night City, California. Night City was a dystopian metropolis, ruled by various megacorporations and private military companies. The Cyberpunk series was a popular one, having further gone into novels, further rulebooks pushing this world forward story-wise, collectible card games, and yes, video games. CD Projekt Red has announced they are making a game for the series for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The game? Cyberpunk 2077. And here's the teaser trailer for it!


I like that subway map. So shiny and colorful.

Heh heh, I remember Bob Chapman (aka MovieBob) saying that fictional dystopian futures will always have an 80s aesthetic to it. Well, to be fair, the 80s aesthetic is awesome.

I hope the soundtrack has a lot of good Retro New Wave. I really have been enjoying that lately.

Wow. Even after sixty years, Night City is still a lousy place to live. This is why elections matter.

They totally took the holographic women from Blade Runner 2049. I still have to see that movie.

So the city is like a siren, huh? Lulling people there with false promises of glory and greatness just to make them crash. I can imagine some also go there for the adventure. A city like Night City is bound to have many adventures for the thrillseeker in your life.

It would be a cyberpunk dystopia without cyborgs. AW GEEZ WOMAN, PUT YOUR MOUTH ON! THAT IS CREEPY!

...I want that robot dog thing. Would make a handy pet.

Heh heh, robo-rednecks. "Ah'll teach yew ta interface wit' muh sister! Buford! Get mah laser boomstick!"

Don't you hate it when you're relaxing in a plane and some dude's head suddenly shoots sparks?

Shooty shooty shooty, blood blood blood. And oil. And maybe some sick.

I want that car. Hope it has good gas mileage.

What is that song in the trailer?

Well, this seems like a ton of fun. Since I got a PS4, I'll give this a shot. It looks really cool, and I do like the bits of retro aesthetic

No comments:

Post a Comment