Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Text Play: Pokemon Mega Adventure #10

Welcome to the Akiba Region! It's time for the tenth entry in my Text Play through the fan game called Mega Adventure!


Last time, we got ready to take on Team Prime at the Power Plant, but first, to get some supplies. Can't take on Team Prime without being prepared. Luckily for us, Sunnyvall City has a large department store.


Nice, huh? Reminds me of Celadon City's big store in Red and Blue. I think the Pikachu and Raichu are meant to be kind of like greeters, they say hello and welcome you in. I do hope the store takes good care of them. It looks like it could certainly afford to. Anyway, time to go inside and take a look.

The first floor is the service counter. A nice lady welcomes you to the store. Maybe the Pikachu and Raichu outside are store security? And look what you can find here.


Pay phones! Actual pay phones! Wow! You don't really see those in many places anymore. That is pretty cool.

Second floor! Trainer's Market! You need potions? Pokéballs? Escape Ropes? Repels? You go here.

Third floor! TV Game Shop! This floor sells Technical Machines. For those who are new to the Pokémon franchise, Technical Machines, or TMs for short, are devices (often resembling CDs or DVDs) that can be used to teach Pokémon certain moves or techniques they can't learn by naturally leveling up. When they were first introduced, they were one-use only, but nowadays, they are reusable.


Hey, there's an NES there. Neat. Would have been cool if there were various Nintendo consoles there, like an SNES or an N64. Or a Gamecube.

Fourth floor! Wise Man Gifts! Buy someone you love a nice gift! Or a nice evolution stone if you have a Pokémon that needs one to evolve.

Fifth floor! Drugstore! This is where you can buy special things to increase your Pokémon's stats, like Attack, Defense, and HP. And it's still all expensive as all get out.

Finally, there's the rooftop. There, you can find vending machines to buy drinks that work like Potions. You know, the Fresh Water, the Lemonade, that kind of thing. And that's the mall. I picked up some Pokéballs and Potions.

Outside the city is the Power Plant. Let's get going. On the way there, I spotted May with a Team Prime member.


Yeah, she just laideth a Poke-Smackethdown on the Team Prime grunt. Team Prime has been holding the plant for 3 days...but they don't seem to be doing anything. She says she'll sneak into the Power Plant...and races off faster than a cheetah on cocaine. Yeah, she's that fast. In front of the Power Plant is a grass patch. I don't think there's any Pokémon in it. There are also a couple Team Prime members guarding the place. They cannot be avoided. How did May sneak in?! Double Battle time!

They brought out a Gible and a Bagon. My Ivysaur and Butterfree hit them both with the one-two Leech Seed/Sleep Powder combo. I swiched Ivysaur out with Geodude, because I wanted to get that one some experience points. Gible fell quick, but one of the grunts brought out a Dratini. Geodude took down Bagon, and an Axew took its place. But that went down, too. Time to enter the plant!

Upon entry, I saw Brandon. He told me I have to destroy the "Power Machine" here. ...you mean the generators, right? He's going to head "upstair" to help May. Yeah, this game could have used some proofreading in the dialogue. Before he heads "upstair", he gives me a Trap Device. It detects traps. Evidently, the Power Plant is full of traps. Quite an unusual little form of security, but you have to keep in mind one thing: Not many regions in the Pokémon universe actually have cops. For some reason, my player character assumes Brandon invented it. For all he knows, Brandon may have gotten it from a genius somewhere.

Fought and beat a wild Voltorb in the Plant. I bet the Plant attracts many an Electric type.

One of the Team Prime grunts I fought in the plant wailed that she was pathetic. Well, she is for joining Team Prime, but as a trainer, she was alright. Her Magnemite put up a good fight against my Geodude, so that's something. I fought my way through the plant, and reached the generator.



I'm guessing they're after the generator. And evidently, I'm not the only one in the Akiba region who has an Alolan Pokémon.



Yeah, that's a Jangmo-o, straight from Alola. How did this guy get one?! Anyway, the final two Grunts had a Voltorb and a Magnemite. Geodude wrecked them. They then brought out Swablu and Trapinch. They took down Geodude, but it did some damage, and Torracat was able to pick up the slack.

We discovered a Rotom was the source of the trouble, so we have to battle it. Good thing I got more Pokéballs. I caught it on the second try, with an Ultra Ball. It did manage to wreck my Pokémon on the way. And catching it deactivated the trap areas? Sweet. While exploring one of the trap areas, I encountered this guy who started talking about Zapdos.



Turns out that he's he the Gym Leader here. explains why the Gym here is closed up. His name is Volkner, and he and Zapdos are kind of tight. How he managed to befriend a Legendary Bird is beyond me. And yes, it's not hard to guess what type he specializes in. His Gym is near a power plant, and he's buddies with a Legendary Bird known for being quite shocking. He heads upstairs, saying he'll go first. Okay...

I decided to hold off on going upstairs for a minute. I was not finished exploring. The other trap area just had some angry Team Prime members guarding something.



No battles, just yelling at me to get out. So, I went upstairs and WHOA!



May, what did you DO to annoy all these Pokémon?! May just beat the Salamence, and she runs off, leaving me behind. Hey, maybe next time, May, you could bring me with you when you're chasing off after Brendan! Sheesh. After another battle with a Team Prime member, my Geodude became a Graveler! Yay! And I found some chaos!


May tells me Brendan could use a hand. Alrighty then. But he tells me that "Voltis" could use some help. You mean "Volkner", right? That's who you're talking about? This game needs more proofreading. I found him taking on the Team Prime admin at the head of this mission: Celestial. Yes, that is his name. I was able to beat him, but evidently, we were too late.


They needed the Power Plant to charge up their "Energy Bomb". He vanishes before anyone could grab him and get some answers. Oh dear... But at least he and Team Prime are gone and the Power Plant is no longer in their grip. Volkner reveals that Zapdos was the provider of power for the Plant. Again, I wonder how on Earth they got a Legendary Bird for this. Maybe Zapdos agreed to this. Volkner gives me a Shiny Charm. Well, that's nice of him.

Volkner says he's got to make sure the Plant is clear and safe before he can reopen the Gym. That makes sense, and it's fine. I can wait. After I leave the Plant, I get a call from Brendan. He wishes me luck facing Volkner. Thanks, man! He also says he and I presume May are going to Dragnar City. See him there, I guess. Wait, we were just in the Plant together? Why is he telling me now?!

And now there are cops outside the Plant. WHERE WERE YOU GUYS?! Oh yeah, cops in the Pokémon world are useless. Well, I think we can end this entry here. I have to get a team ready for Volkner when he opens his Gym up. Wish me luck!

Pokémon Obtained:
(Eleton Path)
- Plusle

(Power Plant)
- Deino

No comments:

Post a Comment