Friday, June 1, 2018

Street Fighter V Falke Gameplay Trailer, My Thoughts

Well, Street Fighter V's Season 3 is still going! We have some veteran characters returning, but in this case, we got a brand-new lethal lady joining the ranks! Say hello to Falke!



Much like Cody, Falke uses a weapon: a quarterstaff. Actually, it's a buck-and-a-quarter-quarterstaff, but she's not going to tell anyone that. Points if you get the joke. It's also called "Harmony". I wonder why it got that name.

Based on her uniform, I think we can assume she may be connected to Shadoloo, the big evil criminal organization in the Street Fighter series. This game is set between III and IV (yeah, I know, from what I understand, the Street Fighter timeline is a bit of a mess), so I believe at that point, Shadaloo had collapsed. She and another character, Ed, were created to be clone bodies for the series' big bad, M. Bison, but they decided, "Screw that, we're doing our own thing." So, she's a clone made for evil, but rebels. She and Laura Kinney would get along rather well.

I think it's pretty cool she can shoot energy from her staff like it's a rifle.

I wonder what "Staerken" means. Is it German? Falke is a German/Nordic name (It means "falcon", and she's called the Guardian Hawk), and the character is supposed to be German...

"Psycho Angriff" ...Angriff? What's that? Well, "Angriff" means attack in German. So, it's not some weird translation thing.

FORE!

Her Story Costume feels to me like it should be a reference to something. And her Battle Costume makes me think of Black Widow.

Well, Falke seems really cool. I like her attacks, and her design. If I get SFV, I'll give her a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment