Sunday, September 13, 2020

Dune Trailer, My Thoughts

In 1965, Frank Herbert's novel Dune would be unleashed on the world. The novel would be tied for the 1966 Hugo Award, and win the first Nebula Award for New Novel. It's become known as the best-selling science fiction novel of all time in 2003. In 1984, the novel would be adapted into a film directed by David Lynch. The film had a large cast, featuring actors Kyle MacLachlan (his film debut), Max Von Sydow, Patrick Stewart, Dean Stockwell, Virginia Madsen, Linda Hunt, and Sting. The film would be a box-office bomb and was negatively reviewed by critics. This version would go on to be a cult classic.

In February 2017, Denis Villeneuve was hired to direct a new adaptation of Dune, with a cast including Oscar Isaac, Stellan Skarsgard, Zendaya, Jason Momoa, Josh Brolin, Rebecca Ferguson, and Dave Bautista. Let's look at the trailer!




I managed to get a copy of Dune from a sale at my local library for about a dollar. Still have yet to read it. Admittedly, I'm a little afraid to, as I heard it's a bit...heavy.

"All this sand everywhere...no wonder Anakin Skywalker hated it so much."

...speak up, Paul! I can't hear you!

"Man, I need to stop putting all that spice on pizza before I go to bed..."

That must have been one wild party.

...that box contains copies of Dark Phoenix?

Yeah, I felt the same way when I ate too much pizza that one time, Paul. It was not fun...

Man, Poe Dameron got old.

"Fighty time, fighty time, blood blood blood!"
- Deadpool

"Imma get friggin' drunk, what's what I'm gonna do!"

"Yeah, there's a Sarlacc down there, son. You don't want to face that thing."

"Man, this sand is shiny..."

...SANDWORM! SOMEBODY CALL BEETLEJUICE!

Well, this...is something. I admit, I've never seen the original Dune movie (Yeah, I know. The guy who loves 80s movies never saw Dune. Gimme a break), and this seems...well...a bit bland. I'm wondering if that's what they're going for. The big thing that I'm into is the cast. This is an incredible cast here, and it's gotten me excited for this movie. I do hope it does well.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves, and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, and wear a mask! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment