Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Text Play: Pokemon Zeta #13

Hello, and welcome back to the Vesryn Region! It's time for entry number 13 in my Text Play of Pokémon Zeta!



Before I begin this, I just want to say thank you to everyone that has joined me so far on this adventure. I've had a lot of fun playing this game, and making these fun entries for all of you. And as usual, I want to warn you, I will be spoiling this game. If you wish to play it yourself, you can download it here. And now, let's go!




Last time, we had a bit of an...encounter, I guess you could call it, with a mysterious new Pokémon called Divaevus in Ladoga Town. We can thank Team Olympus being back up to their old tricks for that. But they managed to get their butts whipped, again.

With them out of the way for now, it's left me wondering what to do next. Well, I've been thinking about going back and doing that Ranger Club mission, like I've kept saying I've been wanting to do. Well, thanks to that Instant Lapras I now own, we can easily cross Route 311 back to Kivu. We can also battle the Swimmers there to power up my Weepinbell and Luxray (Swimmers tend to have Water-type Pokémon, so they're perfect for grinding up Grass and Electric-type Pokémon).

It is here that I do want to talk about a minor issue I have with this game. I may have talked about this before. If I had, I don't remember it, so bear with me, please. You see, in some Pokémon games, you culd have rematches with Trainers you battled. It helped increase the replayability of the games. This game does not seem to have this feature. I think it's a shame.



Anyway, let's go back to Kivu Town and take on that Ranger Club mission at last.



I've been doing a bit more grinding up of my Pokémon (as well as captured a few more for my collection. I mentioned in the eighth entry that the game's wiki recommended that your Pokémon be between levels 26 and 35. Well, my Pokémon are around level 36-37 now, so I'm hoping this gauntlet goes well this time around.

Before I took it on, I made sure to do something very important: Stock up on supplies. I bought plenty of Potions (regular and Super), and some healing items. The Team Olympus Gauntlet was easier to get through this time thanks to all that grinding. I do want to point out that something funny happened to me during this whole thing.

During my journey through this gauntlet, both my Weepinbell and Magmar evolved into Victreebel and Magmortar, respectively. Now, Pokémon evolving is not unusual, lots of them do it. However, here...it is unusual. You see, they evolved when they reached level 38 in this game. However, in the official games...it doesn't work that way for these particular Pokémon. You see, in the official games, Magmortar is obtained when you trade a Magmar while it's holding an item called a Magmarizer. You can get a Victreebel when you use a Leaf Stone on a Weepinbell. I can assume that when my Seadra reaches level 38, she'll evolve into Kingdra, despite needing a King's Stone for that in the official games.

I can understand why this was changed here. You see, the starters of this game are Magby, Horsea, and Bellsprout. Starter Pokémon tend to evolve by leveling up. They also tend to have three evolutionary stages. Charmander becomes Charmeleon, then Charizard for example. However, in the official games, it does not work that way for the three Pokémon they chose as starters here. It was a surprising change they made. I'm not complaining about it, I just noticed it, and I get why they did this.

Eventually, I made my way to the master Grunt.




The device he's using is one of four, being usedto create a massive square shaped area that will cause all the wild Pokémon in it to fall under Team Olympus's mental control. He calls himself the "Gruntmaster". I am not kidding. It's like "The Beastmaster", only stupider. I'm guessing he's the one who gives the orders to the grunts from the commanders. After he was defeated, one of the Rangers shows up to arrest the Gruntmaster...who makes his getaway somehow.

The device is called a "Gigaremo" from a region called Almia, owned by a group called Team Dim Sun. Almia...isn't that the region from Pokémon Ranger? It's interesting that non-mainline Pokémon games are given shout-outs here. Anyway, time to head back to Kivu Town and go to Route 312!



Route 312 is basically a winding dirt road with some plateaus and a couple of bridges. It connects Ladoga Town to Routes 313 and 315. See that item in the dirt road in the screenshot? That's a Full Restore. Get it. There's another item in the grassy area in the screenshot. We can't get that now, so don't worry about it. I did have a trainer encounter on this route that made me chuckle.



My inner child smiled. I was a Power Rangers nut as a kid. I wanted the original Megazord and Dragonzord as a kid, but the toy stores never had them. Always sold out quicker than the Flash after too much sugar. Maybe I'll get the Legacy versions of them one day online or something. And the Ranger's name there is Tuesday. I just thought that was amusing, ha ha. I eventually encountered some old..."friends" on this Route.




Well, well, well. Team Olympus. I swear, these guys are like cockroaches. You keep beating them down, and they keep coming back. We obviously can't go past them right now, so we can't see what they're guarding. They're covering the way to Route 315. There clearly is something there they don't want discovered. We can't really do anything about this right now, so we got no choice but to move on ahead to Route 313. But that's alright. We can whoop their butts another day. By the way, see that item on the right in the screenshot? That's a Full Restore. Get it. I don't think we can get the item on the left yet, so don't worry about it.

There are a couple of bridges we have to cross to get to Route 313. On the way, we find another item.



Isn't it nice when you find potentially useful things just lying around? I love RPGs. Anyway, get this. It's TM87 (Swagger). I continued on the bridges. Fun thing? You can fight the man who claimed to have helped build them on this route. Look for an Engineer named Kyle. I was about to enter Route 313, when I heard some people talking about something that needs to be found. And why are they trying to find this object? Well, to take over the world, of course!



We do get to see who is talking, though.




Oh hey, it's Jake! Remember him from entry #6? Man, that seems so long ago. Wait, why does he want to take over the world? Has his so-called "swag" gotten to his head? That would not surprise me.



Anyway, he wants to know if I've seen TM87 anywhere. Remember, we found it earlier. But you know what? Jake's a jerk, so I'm not giving him the satisfaction of seeing it. I told him that I haven't seen it. Jake gets mad about at, and screams that I'm lying. Not that he has any reason to think so. Anyway, we end up battling.

1st Pokémon: Klefki (Lv. 36) - Defeated Butterfree. Defeated by Magmortar.
2nd Pokémon: Lairon (Lv. 37) - Defeated by Magmortar.
3rd Pokémon: Kingdra (Lv. 38) - Defeated by Luxray.
4th Pokémon: Scraggy - Defeated by Gabite
5th Pokémon: Charmeleon (Lv. 37) - Defeated by Kingdra

And with that, Jake runs off. He screams "Team Yoloswag Out" or some other nonsense. I have no idea, he's an idiot.

And I think that's where we'll end things for now. Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourself and each other. Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, and wear a mask! See you next time!

Pokémon Obtained
(Kivu Town)
- Krabby
- Corphish (120th Pokémon! Whoo-hoo!)
- Magmortar (Evolved from Magmar at Lv. 38)
- Victreebel (Evolved from Weepinbell at Lv. 38)
(Route 311)
- Tentacool
- Kingdra (Evolved from Seadra at Lv. 38)

No comments:

Post a Comment